Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
fendix

Hello from Minnesota

Hi Everyone,

I'm recently acquired(2 weeks) a 2013 Keystone Laredo 324RL fifth wheel. I upgraded from a TT after my family and I outgrew our Jayco Kiwi. I hope to learn a lot from you experienced rvers on this forum. Please let me know if there are any potential problems I should be aware of regarding this model trailer. Even though I did quite a bit of research prior to purchasing this model, there is nothing like first hand experience from existing users. Since I purchased it at the end of camping season, I won't be able to take the maiden voyage till next year.

Here are some of the I upgrades I thinking of doing before next year.

1. Upgrade my OEM towmax tires to michelin xps ribs.(these are expensive) - I'm definitely doing this one.

2. add timberlen suspension to my truck - probably

3. adding a blue ox bed saver - maybe

2013 Keystone Laredo 324RL,
2000 chevy silverado LS 2500 HD
fendix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

fendix -
Hello and welcome to the group! Putting new Michelins on your Laredo, even though it is a costly upgrade, is a wise move. You'll be happy that you did.
Hope you have many enjoyable and trouble-free trips next camping season. The wait will be worth it.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

fendix,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth of information on each of the mods you're considering. Use the search feature (the sixth section along the top blue bar) and type in Timbren, Maxxis, Michelin, Towmaster, Bedsaver and you'll find enough member supplied data to answer most of your questions and to help guide you to prioritize your additional mods.

Good luck with your RV. We are in northern Michigan, so like us, I'm sure you're about to the stage of "pink stuff" so spring can't get here soon enough.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Ron

fendix to the forum and congratulations on the the TT. The tires are one of the most important things on a TT and you are definitely thinking right on replacing the Tomax in my opinion, other than that enjoy it when you get the chance. Happy Future Camping ...............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
mr.windows1

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan, you will find a ton of people on here that will help you with anything and there is no such thing as a stupid question so don't be afraid to ask, if you don't mind where did you buy your new rig from I live in the north metro and I too purchased ours new less than a year ago and it's been a blast but it went by way too fast!
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
fendix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.windows1 View Post
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan, you will find a ton of people on here that will help you with anything and there is no such thing as a stupid question so don't be afraid to ask, if you don't mind where did you buy your new rig from I live in the north metro and I too purchased ours new less than a year ago and it's been a blast but it went by way too fast!
Thanks for the welcome. I purchased a Pleasureland RV in St. Cloud. I would say they went out of their way to make this purchase easy for me... hopefully it will stay that way .. at least through the warranty stage.
fendix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
fla-gypsy

Welcome to the group