Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #21
Tdesrosiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
The 2020 models have a stronger roof (redesign with the new rear door) 3/8 plywood. Not exactly something that I’d make a habit of being on, but I have been up there to add vent covers, sweep and hose off and inspect seams. I’m 6’ and 230 lbs. No issues.
We’ve got the same model. Called keystone after following this thread. The roof is not walkable.
Tdesrosiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #22
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdesrosiers View Post
We’ve got the same model. Called keystone after following this thread. The roof is not walkable.
Well isn’t that interesting. Google this model on you tube, find a dealer that did a walk-through video by Hewlett RV. After watching his video I knew it’s the model and floor plan we wanted. I called Keystone looking for a dealer because I had to order ours, this model was so new there was no stock on dealer lots in our area. I had a long discussion with a rep at Keystone who answered many questions about this 2020 1/2 model, one being walkable roof or not. The answer I got was along with the door addition was also a walkable roof (not to be confused with a snow load roof in the western edition). Well, you’ve been told no, I’ve been told yes and that doesn’t surprise me one bit. I’ve walked my in-laws Hemisphere with a ladder and their roof feels the same as ours. Not to say that should ever be a deciding factor, but it was a comparison I took.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #23
nanbert

the mattress really is hard, we have had to purchase a 4" memory foam topper for ours. I have noticed that our feet are slightly higher than our head as well.
nanbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #24
Tdesrosiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanbert View Post
the mattress really is hard, we have had to purchase a 4" memory foam topper for ours. I have noticed that our feet are slightly higher than our head as well.
I ended up cutting 1 inch rigid styrofoam and set it in place on the fixed part of the frame (where your upper body goes) and that leveled it out. Don’t know why they make the pivot point so that it’s not level when opened.
Tdesrosiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #25
Bill-2020

Quote:
Marlowe- I sure can. It’ll be a few days though. We’re headed out at the break of dawn for a long weekend with the camper in tow. I’ll have a chance then to get the pictures you’ll want once we settle in tomorrow afternoon and I crack open a cold adult beverage.
Marlowe- it’ll be tomorrow before in a get to this, I have not forgotten about you. There is a critical picture you’ll need that I can’t take until we return tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #26
Bill-2020

Quote:
Marlowe- it’ll be tomorrow before in a get to this, I have not forgotten about you. There is a critical picture you’ll need that I can’t take until we return tomorrow.
Step brackets. Marlowe, please see the images below this. What I did was make two brackets for each side (4 total) from 1/8" steel mending plates from Lowes. Both sets are bolted to the OEM step brackets underneath the floor and behind the black skirt. The idea is to get the brackets up behind the aluminum skirt and in front of the edge of the floor so that you can bolt the step brackets to what you made. There are unused holes in the OEM steps that I used to bolt mine to them (clamped the brackets to the steps, and drilled the holes in place). I can get you more measurements if you need. Best way is to make yourself a cardboard cutout and trim, bend, and modify to fit, then use that as a template to cut your metal plate then bend them where you bent the cardboard template. I used self threading bolts to attach the step brackets to what I made after I installed them because you can't get behind the installed brackets. #12 I believe they were. (click on each image and it'll rotate correctly)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2053.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	27565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2055.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	27566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3052.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	27567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3055.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	27568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3034.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	27569  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3032.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	27570  
Old 05-26-2020, 06:15 AM   #27
PDMarlowe

Bill, the pictures are awesome. I assume you are using the MORryde Quick Connect Steps with your brilliant design. I'll be heading out to our storage yard to make some measurements this afternoon and get started on the brackets specific to our Outback. Thanks again for sharing this great upgrade.
Phil (Marlowe)
PDMarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 AM   #28
Bill-2020

Yes, quick connect. I kept the OEM steps on so that we can get in/out while traveling.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:32 AM   #29
rteo

I installed a post sleeve painted it black and this is my bumper now
Idk how to add photos from my phone
rteo is offline   Reply With Quote