Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
jayman2050

How to get sound through Television?

Hello all, this is my 1st post - have been doing alot of reading but haven't had any big questions till now. I purchased a 2013 2910BH last week and have been out camping ever since. The family an I love it and couldn't be happier.

My question is how do I get the volume while watching a DVD through the Jensen player to come just through the T.V.? I can only et the sound through the T.T. Speakers and have the volume all the way up on the television but nothing comes through. The T.v. Volume works if running a computer through it but not playing a DVD. I have played with all the TV settings and the Jensen buttons but nothing seems to work.

Also just wanted to say this seems like a great forum and very informative. Thanks in advance for your help.
jayman2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
closesquarters

Sounds the jacks connecting the Jensen audio/video center to your television is not connected properly. There should be a cable containing a right and left (red and white) for the audio... and also should have a yellow for the video. If the video is coming through to your tv I'm surprised that the audio is not coming through. With the volume all the way down on the Jensen, the TV should be able to use it's own volume. Hope this helps.

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
SteveC7010

There should be an audio pair plus a video line (red, white, and yellow) from the Jensen DVD player's Audio Out to TV and Video Out to TV. They should be connected to one of the TV's audio and video inputs. You may have to look around in the TV's setup menus to see if that audio can be enabled through the TV.

Critical point: All three lines have to be on the same Audio/Video Out on the Jensen and on the same Audio/Video In on the TV. For example, if the Audio In on the TV is on Input #1 and the Video is on Input #2, you won't get your audio in the TV.

There should be a second audio pair (red & white) from the TV's Audio Out jacks to the Jensen's Audio In jacks. This enables the TV audio from antenna or cable or satellite reception to be passed through the Jensen's amp and out the trailer's various loudspeaker pairs.

Last point: I found that some of the audio/video plugs and jacks will separate very easily so it is possible that something may be unplugged. Trace all three lines all the way from the Jensen to the TV to be sure.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote