Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #21
bbells

I use the eaz lift and it is perfectly fine, after I re-set it up after the dealer did it wrong. I also added 2 friction sway bars, probably only needed one and probably don't need the sway bars with my new truck with its longer wheel base. It was simple to move from one truck to another.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:49 AM   #22
mlk1950

I have the Equalizer 4-point and love it. The semis on the interstate used to be almost white knuckle for me when they blow by, but not anymore.
mlk1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #23
Nitram987

Eaz Lift Trekker

Eaz Lift Trekker for me. As a professional engineer, I do a lot of research before buying things. The Trekker has tapered trunnion bars for WD and internal cammed compression 'pucks' for progressively more anti-sway as the angle increases. When encountering very heavy rains or icy roads, you can simply manually disengage the anti-sway system with the turn of 2 nuts if that is your habit. And, when you want to manoeuver at the campsite, these same internal anti-sway systems automatically disengage for you during sharp turns.

When you're ready to hook up again, that too is easy. Just lower the hitch to lock onto the towing ball, then raise the hitch/TV with your tongue jack, slip in and clip the Trekker trunnion bars, then lower the hitch again & of course fully retract the tongue jack and go. Quiet, effective, and works very well for us after 25K miles of winding (i.e. treacherous) eastern Blue Ridge Parkway, and then through the west coast mountain passes and the winding US Route 101, from California to Washington.

Customer service through Rick Godsey at Camco <[email protected]> has been simply superb. In an industry not known for support, Camco definitely stands behind these Eaz Lift Trekker WDH/AntiSway products.
Nitram987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #24
Scott in Michigan

Might want to look at my thread about the CAMCO R3 Recurve. At the conclusion of our second trip it failed. That thread has all the details.

Scott
Scott in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #25
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitram987 View Post
Eaz Lift Trekker for me. As a professional engineer, I do a lot of research before buying things. The Trekker has tapered trunnion bars for WD and internal cammed compression 'pucks' for progressively more anti-sway as the angle increases. When encountering very heavy rains or icy roads, you can simply manually disengage the anti-sway system with the turn of 2 nuts if that is your habit. And, when you want to manoeuver at the campsite, these same internal anti-sway systems automatically disengage for you during sharp turns.

When you're ready to hook up again, that too is easy. Just lower the hitch to lock onto the towing ball, then raise the hitch/TV with your tongue jack, slip in and clip the Trekker trunnion bars, then lower the hitch again & of course fully retract the tongue jack and go. Quiet, effective, and works very well for us after 25K miles of winding (i.e. treacherous) eastern Blue Ridge Parkway, and then through the west coast mountain passes and the winding US Route 101, from California to Washington.

Customer service through Rick Godsey at Camco <[email protected]> has been simply superb. In an industry not known for support, Camco definitely stands behind these Eaz Lift Trekker WDH/AntiSway products.
I totally agree! Love our Eaz Lift Trekker and Camco is great with customer service. I emailed them asking where I could buy replacement wear pads and they sent me a set free the same day.
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:37 AM   #26
duh1

I love the drawtight hitch with extra friction bar. Once I moved up to a bigger heavier 2500 diesel it towed way better. (2910bh).
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:13 AM   #27
Loum35

Chose Blue OX Sway Pro

Thanks to everyone who responded. The response were very detailed. I ended up going with the Blue OX Sway Pro. I towed 100 miles home from dealer on Wednesday on interstate and I was please with the results. It was empty. Going on a short 30 mile trip this weekend to check the camper out. Will be country two lane roads.

Lou
Loum35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch