Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Katt

28 rbs leveling with 2004 f150 screw

Just brought home our 28rbs and I am concerned with the tongue weight. I purchased the Equalizer hitch and had the dealer install and adjust to where the level was comfortable enough to get home. My front was still up and the pressure was unreal on the bars. Hopefully I can adjust something to make it right but I am wondering if the water tank is all the way up front?
Katt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
f6bits

Here’s a link to some good setup instructions:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/17730894.cfm

If the front end is up, it makes me think the shank (ball) is too high. As the link instructions imply, it’s an iterative process where you have to go back and forth on the three settings (shank, washers, bars) until everything evens out.

As a reply on another post says, don’t travel with a full water tank. At *most*, I have 10 gallons in it, but 5 should be sufficient. Nowadays, I try to travel with it empty. What’s in the pipes is good enough for one emergency toilet flush.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant front end of your trailer. You may need additional washers to adjust the shank angle. I’ve added at least two and now my front end is less than ½” above normal.

And when you’ve got the time, head over to a scale and weigh all your axles with and without the trailer hooked up.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Katt

Thanks, I'm going to adjust on the hitch this weekend. I try to travel with water tank empty, but there are some places close by where I have to fill at home.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Katt:
Your above post is a duplicate of one that you just posted earlier today in the Towing and Tow Vehicle section and I responded to it there. Surprised to find the same post here in this section. Just a reminder that double posting is a "no no" on forums.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Katt

Sorry, I'm a newbie to the forum!