Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
MFR

Just joined the forum after being on the outback forum and then forest river. Currently have a Sandpiper 372, but looking at going back Keystone. Honestly I don’t think brand matters anymore they all are about the same. We RVers are the best tool each other’s have for keeping the fun going.
MFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
KeithInUpstateNY

I went the other way, Keystone Bullet to Prime Time Avenger (Forest River), but agreed. Just find the floor plan and features that suit your needs best.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
MFR

Agreed. Everyone has different experiences mine was rough with forest river but not keystones. Mine will be rough as soon as I go back to Keystone. I think we all can agree craftsman ship in these are horrible for the most part, not anyone’s fault just the product of mass production being done by people who like most of us are overworked. We keep buying though so they keep on keeping on.
MFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #4
KeithInUpstateNY

More than craftsmanship, I think it's design and materials. They are engineered for a perfect world. For example the sandwich floors can bear the weight, but are much more susceptible to water damage. One of the reasons I went with the Avenger is it has s 25 year warranty marinr grade plywood floor. It's heavier, but it's going to last longer. And the "fiberglass" exteriors are more susceptible to temperature swings, the entire back wall of my Bullet went wavy after just one winter with temperatures going down to -20. There are brand new units on my dealer's lot with the same problem after one winter. Ideally I'd opt for aluminum framed and rigid insulation with aluminum siding, but no one makes them. And there's some planned obselrsence, I think, with rubber roofs. I still have a 19' 1989 Nomad fifth wheel that has s metal roof and has only ever had one small leak at the antenna. Just my (not so) humble opinion.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags