Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
Kcash1203

Plumbing issue

Should you have a bad odor coming from the shower even with the tank empty? Tried the gray water odor control and it doesnt work. Still under warranty and all they did was cut the rubber flap out of the pipe
Kcash1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Quote:
they cut the rubber flap

Sounds like you have a “waterless P trap”. You should not smell any holding tank odors, and if they did cut that, they need to replace it ASAP.

There is a particular way it needs to be installed, maybe it was just put in wrong at the factory but it needs replacing now.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
Cbrez

There is nothing they should cut out of your plumbing system to solve an odor problem. Ask for specifics of what they did and why they did it. Agree with chuckster, they probably gutted your waterless p trap, which they should replace.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
Kcash1203

Thank you, this is my 3rd time at the dealership for the plumbing problem. They fix one problem and create another. Time to find another service center!!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcash1203 View Post
Thank you, this is my 3rd time at the dealership for the plumbing problem. They fix one problem and create another. Time to find another service center!!!!
That’s for sure!!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #6
Kcash1203

Just to tell my story, had the camper two weeks and went to dumb the first time and I opened the cap and there it came out!!!! The black tank lever was closed. After taking it back to get looked at they said they found nothing wrong but added another exterior lever on the hard pipe. Went camping and the shower then started backing up unless the valves were open. I’ve never left open while camping but did to keep shower from filling up. After taking it back again is when they cut the rubber flap out. I knew that was wrong!!!! And they sale a lot of keystones. I have had so many issues to even start naming. There is no telling what they are charging keystone for the warranty work!!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:57 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Keystone and all other manufacturers will only pay “book rate”. That spells out number of hours labor allowed, unless the dealership can prove with pictures that it took longer.

Unfortunately not all dealers and service departments are created equal, and no dealership is is a franchise like the automotive industry. I would get documentation from current service center of all work performed, contact a new service center and let them deal with Keystone.

Tags
plumbing