Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
travr

Ouch!!!

Just got off the phone with my dealer. I have a Fuzion 393. Front slide trim ripping off, stereo always had a clipping noise, all interior trim around slides falling off or loose. NO WARANTEE. Keystone refuses to fix. Trailer was bought new in sept 08. Parts were missing and on order. used the trailer for the summer then called in oct 09 to find out where my parts were and it needed some warrantee work. Keystone says they'll put on the missing parts but will not cover anything else. Warantee up by 30 days. Do not buy one of these pieces of sh__! Everthing in this trailer is subpar construction. Looks good when you buy it. If you live in colder areas (Canada) beware of the furnace, it will not keep you warm when the temp get down into the low 40s. I have never had an experience like this before. I've owned boats, sports cars ect. 60k for a piece of equipment should get you some service. I'm dumping this junk. Can anyone recommend a GOOD toy hauler builder?
travr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
travr

update!! keystone is going to fix the bed slide that's falling apart. they're not covering anything else. I'm changing the stereo anyway and i'm going to have a carpenter go through and redo all the trim properly. Still can't understand how this stuff gets built like this?!!? I really should have gone over this unit better before I bought it. I had a 2004 extreme tow behind that was problem free.Next time...
travr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #3
soundman
Permanent User Ban

Wow

I purchased a used Sprinter 301RMP Toy Hauler it seems to be ok for the money I spent. There are a few warranty issues that wont be fixed because the local dealer wont service the unit. I went through the unit when I got home and there is a lot of substandard workmanship. I have repaired it myself. I will not be purchasing a Keystone ever again, new or used. I do like the layout of the unit and do enjoy it a lot.
Take a look at New Horizon extremely well built, a small company with no dealers to deal with.
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote