Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2017, 03:46 AM   #1
Maggman

No more thor products for me

Hi all, on my 3rd travel trailer in 7 years. Passport 29 ft, had a few leaks, too many quality issues and Dometic nightmares. Dometic junk is a whole nother rant. Traded in on 321res High Country, that was only delivered to seasonal site and then traded on current passport elite 27rb and never towed. High Country was Ok and beautiful , but again many issues with QC. Staples through drain pipes causing leaks, torn coaxial causing poor tv, air mattress never worked without leaking, bad design with entry door up against window, and major rusting with undercarriage. Horrible openings in undercarriage but the mice loved the open door policy to get inside. 6 cans of foam fixed that. The new 27 rb is Ok, but again design problems. Why put the sewer drain for gray water sinks separate UNDER the slide out 8ft away from other drains! When at site for more then a few days, have to close the slide to access the drain, or crawl under the slide to pull out the drain. Couldn't spend $10.00 more to run the drain to the back where other two outlets are?.. leaks from under roof drain channels from AC drips running under the channel. Many interior scratches on wood and misalignment of entry door, cabinets. Cheap interior parts, to include horrible toilet seat that lasted one day of my 125lb wife. Bottom line is people spend good money for these and initially look good, but once using are junk. I realize that these are made to be light and cheaply constructed, but poor QC and forget dealer help. After the first year, toast and no help. Luckily I am very handy and fixed almost everything, but done with these low end units. Thor needs to be more end user friendly and spend a few more dollars making these buggies easier to use and fix. Ok, I'm done have to go do more caulking.
Maggman is offline   Reply With Quote