Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #21
Tbos

Make sure you let us know what you end up buying, even if it's not a Keystone brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #22
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithlaw View Post
Thank you all for the reply as an education. I am definitely in the same boat xRated found himself in a few years ago. I grew up driving Dooley's pool and Cal trailers and the like but when I purchased our travel trailer I was under the impression I could pull it with the suburban. I then found out I needed to upgrade so I bought the big 2500 HD which is very large for my normal life and being my daily driver (I'm an attorney and often have limited parking at the courthouse and offices). There is no way I will be getting a duly anytime soon so I will have to change what I am looking for all together. Perhaps a toy hauler travel trailer but more than likely just a smaller regular fifth wheel. The toy hauler was really just for our golf cart anyway and my wife likes the regular fifth wheels better. It looks like we may have to stick to the bicycles and/or scooters or something!
You are very welcome. I wish someone would have kicked me in the seat of the pants BEFORE I bought the truck that I bought and told me I was making a mistake. The problem is, as I recall, I probably didn't ask anyone, so how would they know? As far as a daily driver, I don't even drive my F250 as a daily driver.....I have a Honda Civic that gets like 36-37 mpg, but then again, I drive 82 miles round trip to work and home. That might be a possibility for you.....A Dually for the T.H. and ocassional use, and a smaller used or new car for work....whatever you are comfortable with. That way you could still get the 5ver that you want, have enough truck to haul it safely, and still be able to have a smaller car for work......just something to think about.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #23
spicercars

You could always do what most rv owners do. It's got a hitch I can pull it. Lol
Old 04-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #24
bsmith0404

When you start looking at regular 5ers, watch the weights closely on them as well. There are many different possibilities, but you're going to be limited to one somewhere in the 10-11k GVWR range to keep the pin weight down enough for a 2500. Trust me, been there, done that, have the t-shirt and now a dually for pulling my 40', 15k lb 5er.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion