Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
cabinfever

110 volts on the slide side of our 303

We have been living in our TT while we are building a house and realized how much we needed 110V on the slide side. I had a 12 Gauge wire with a plug end that I salvaged from an old air compressor. I installed an outlet box under the linen closet in the cord storage area. Installed a 20 amp outlet in that box and connected the cord and fed it out the existing mouse hole. The cord is just long enough to reach under the TT where I connected a 10 gauge extension cord and plugged into the pedestal. I then installed another outlet box on the far side of the dinette facing the couch. I purchased a 14 gauge extension cord an removed the outlet end. I then installed a 15 amp outlet there and connected the 14 gauge cord. I ran it under the dinette seating and out the rear end of the dinette just across from the 20 amp outlet. This way I can unplug when bringing in the slide and plug back in when set up. This now gives us 1-20amp and 2-15 amp outlets on the slide side and as long as the pedestal has a 20 amp plug we will have 50 amps of available service. If the pedestal does not have a 20 amp I will just plug into the outside outlet and we will only have 30 amps of service.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
rjsurfer

I did something similar, I put a female 110 plug with a 2' extension already attached on one wall of the slide out. It feeds a outlet under one of the dinette benchs.

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote