Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
skdooman2004

castaways, ocean city

anybody been there? going second week in aug. , not sure what to expect.
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
gmctodd

Very nice place. normally we are there at that time as well. we are going the end of sept.
2007 Cruiser 32BL-SOLD
gmctodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
zenbuck

This will be our 2nd trip down.. Had a great time.. We'll be down on the 11th..

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
zenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:57 AM   #4
sptddog

It's a great campground - more resort like. The bay is awesome for kids - there is usually a sandbar throughout the day that allows you to go way out and play Frisbee or sit on the sandbar and enjoy the sun. There is a dog beach too which is very popular. You'll see some really cool dogs there that LOVE the water. It's always fun to watch (since our dog won't go near the sand or the water lol).

They have live music at night near the bay, and a bar on the bay with a snack truck. We often find that we let the kids play in the water at night, sit on the beach for happy hour (outside of the bar area). We can hear the music, get some drinks, and watch the kids play. There is a pier for fishing - or crabbing also.

They rent jet skis right from the beach - we rented for an hour and had a great time. Something different for the kids to enjoy. We also often head into Assateague Beaches for a day or two - you pay 15 dollars to get on the island (good for a full week) and you can bike, explore, and go to the beach. There are no lifeguards, but it is a really, really nice beach, less populated than the Ocean City beaches. There are 'outhouse' bathrooms, which are nice enough to deal with if you like long days on the beach. Also have a shower area to rinse your legs/feet and you beach stuff.

The sites are a pretty good size, but many do not have shade. They do get a bit of a breeze from the bay, so we were extra careful about our awnings. Our new electric ones are not nearly as sturdy as the old school manual. Saw a lot of people using tie downs there and that seemed to work well.

There is a nice pool, though it's small for the size of the campground. Our kids love it though and we never had issue. We often take our beach chairs in and sit on them instead of the lunges, which are often full. There is a great little coffee shop that also sells milkshakes and ice cream.

There is a lot of golf cart traffic, so you do have to watch out for that. I did find this year with the bigger camper that some folks parked in the road a bit, so it was a little annoying trying to get in our site with trucks in the way.

I really don't have any complaints about the campground - we've been going for 3-4 years now and we love it there.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
skdooman2004

castaways

thanks for the replies, I think we're leaving our golf cart at home, unless you think it would be a good thing to take. taking our lab, its his second camp trip, hope all goes well, be there till 12th. cant wait to see this place.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:01 AM   #6
sptddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdooman2004 View Post
thanks for the replies, I think we're leaving our golf cart at home, unless you think it would be a good thing to take. taking our lab, its his second camp trip, hope all goes well, be there till 12th. cant wait to see this place.
I'd take the golf cart unless your site is close to the bay/pool. It's a pretty far walk. We rented one this year, last year we used a beach cart to lug stuff back and forth.

Have a great trip!
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
blackty

Tell Gordon that Jim said "Hi". He will probably offer to park your camper for you...Jim
Old 08-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
skdooman2004

castaways

leaving in morning, decided to take golf cart, hope everything is good there. try and remember to say "hi" for you, but I drive for a living and I"ll put this thing anywhere.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
skdooman2004

castaways

just got home, campground was pretty nice, weather was fantastic, glad we took cart, it was a lot of fun. would definetly go back!