Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
katiegreeniz

Issues & Advice for 2013 Sprinter TT 320BHS

Hey campers, just wanted to share some info on our new 2013 Keystone 320BHS Travel Trailer, purchased brand new in Sept 2013 here in MA. I myself found this forum when doing a google search for our model number, and the info I found here on this forum was invaluable, so I thought I'd share my experiences so far with our trailer for anyone else looking for the same model or floor plan.

We purchased our TT from Flagg here in MA in early September of 2013. It had only been on the lot a couple of months and had not been to any shows. It was in near perfect condition and there was only an issue with some peeling paper in the bathroom, which was documented for warrantee purposes should it get worse.

Like every good camper knows, you won't know your issues until you get out there and start using your camper. Below is a list of negatives, or issues or mods needed or things overlooked. Hope it helps!

1. Outside TV bracket is not reinforced and when you attach the portable arm mount and television to it, it starts to pull away from the side of the camper and is also pulling the vinyl away. The TV and Mount were both part of the camper package, no after market installs or upgrades. We are currently waiting for Keystone's Warrantee Dept. to approve the repair.

2. In the event of power loss, the Dometic Fridge does not switch to propane automatically and will not run on gas at all. It only functions when plugged in. I have tried every possible trick that I've found online and nothing has worked. The service department could also not get it to work, so it wasn't just us. We are currently waiting for Keystone's Warrantee Dept. to approve the repair.

3. The cable quality in the camper is terrible. Makes your vision a bit shaky on football sundays and not from the beer. And while it may be an isolated case, it is still worth looking into before you leave the dealer. I tried switching out the cable line connecting the trailer to the campground splitter, i even switching out the splitter itself. I also had a neighbor with a 15 year old trailer try it, and it worked perfectly on his, so I know it must be internal. I checked and tightened everything I could on my end, and now… We are currently waiting for Keystone's Warrantee Dept. to approve the repair.

4. There is nowhere, and I mean nowhere to place your toilet paper dispenser safely. We finally gave up and bought a free standing floor one.

5. The first weekend out, the sprayer on the kitchen sink hose broke. The plastic piece attaching the sprayer to the hose is so thin and not secure, so that moving it from side to side with normal use cracked it. We replaced it with a cheapie white one from Home Depot, but… We are currently waiting for Keystone's Warrantee Dept. to approve an original replacement.

6. The Mattress: get yourself a new one before you take this thing out. You'll thank me later. The included 7' innerspring was so bad, I slept in the bunkhouse a few nights just to get a decent night sleep. I woke up every morning feeling crippled and I have no problem sleeping on the ground in a tent. I would have probably been better off sleeping on the plywood bed support, lol.

7. The Master Bed Frame: Picture it… First night in the new camper. I come in to go to sleep and sit on the end of the bed to take my shoes off. Ooops, bad idea. The bed frame is attached to the slide out, so when the slide is in fact out, the end of the bed is raised off the floor about 1.5"-2". My sitting on the end of the bed (and I'm of average female size) pulled the screws clear out of the wall and now the bed wobbles head to foot. There was nothing Keystone could do about this and we had already paid in full for the rest of the season, so we've took care if it ourselves and installed some reinforcements in the way of wall mounted L-brackets and wooden dowels to keep it better supported at the bottom without ripping up the rug every time we put the slide in or out.

8. There is no light at the exterior bathroom door. Watch your step when it's dark. While we could fix this, it's not really on our priority list.

9. There is no ladder to the top bunk, and really nowhere to put one considering the big armoire at the end, hope your guests can climb, lol.

10. Like most models, the fold out sofa is in the slide out. Unfortunately, when the slide is out and the sofa bed is open there is a huge gap of space that needs to be filled at the end of the bed where it hits the floor of the camper. Unless we find something to attach to the steel bar of the bed frame, our guests will be sleeping in a jackknife position. If anyone has any input I'm try anything.

11. A minor thing, but one I wish I knew. The electrical outlets in the kitchen are built in to the upper cabinet, so the cords for most regular countertop appliances are apx. 6" too short to plug in. I've purchased some extenders, and they're just the right length.

12. My last and most frustrating gripe is with the Dometic 9100 Power Awning. No matter what we do, it shoots straight out and there is no way to lock it into position. Every little breeze sends this thing dancing and since it shoots straight out off the camper and can only be lowered about 6 inches, it doesn't provide you with much shade. We never recieved any documentation on it, so I've been scouring the internet looking for a solution or modification. Again, any ideas or tips for this? (It is electric, but not "all weather" so it does not have the rain and wind sensors to pull it in automatically.)

I feel like my list was longer than I thought, and we really LOVE our camper, so don't let this list deter you. These things are so minor, especially considering some of the horror stories we hear from fellow campers about their new rigs. If I had to go back and do it again, I would most certainly get another Keystone. Hope my list helps you, and I welcome any advice or expertise!

(this was posted in the wrong sub-forum by accident. trying to figure out how to delete the other thread.)

https://www.facebook.com/rvcampersofne

Our Trips
7/2012 Maple Park Campground, Wareham MA
9/2012 Saco KOA Campground, Old Orchard Beach, ME
9/2012 Bayview Campground, Bourne, MA
9/2012 Northampton KOA, Westhampton, MA
8/2013-10/2013 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
4/2014-10/2014 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
6/2015-7/2015 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
katiegreeniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320bhs, awning repair, bed, fridge, sprinter