Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Ontario Joe

Best ideas for free stuff with RV purchase

Throw me a few ideas for nickel and diming the dealer with good to have accessories that can be thrown into a deal for a new RV.
Thanks.
Ontario Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Randy_K

I would be more interested in finding a dealer that is going to look after your warranty issues then finding one that will throw in a few dollars in " extras ". ' Nickel and diming ' could cost you hundreds and thousands.
JMO

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Ontario Joe

You are correct. I have found one that I used for my 2007 trailer and I have confidence in them to support. Now, it is a matter of dealing with the sales end of it and getting what I can.
Ontario Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
81SHOVELHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Joe View Post
You are correct. I have found one that I used for my 2007 trailer and I have confidence in them to support. Now, it is a matter of dealing with the sales end of it and getting what I can.
Got my dealer to swap out hand crank tongue jack for electric tongue jack for free
Also was quoted 76.00 bucks each to have black Max Air vent covers installed .
Salesman & I walked out to travel trailer to see how many I need due to our 2014 RLS being new on the lot .
Came back to service department & spoke with service manager about installation & was quoted a price of 126.00 dollars installed .
As finance guy was writing up PO for service & i told him we were quoted 126.00 for installation of 3 vent covers he said no way that is 240.00 for 3 vent covers installed .
He got up & went talked to service manger& was told I made a mistake, yes I did tell him 126.00 for install so we got to let him have them for that price
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
therink

I would recommend being focused on getting 25 to 30 percent off of lowest online msrp you can find for theexact model you want . Once that is agreed tell him to take the junk Chinese tires off and install a set of Maxxis or an American made set of LT tires. Adding too many nickel and dime items just allows wiggle room in favor of the dealer. A clean deal is always the best deal. With the moneyyou save , you will have plenty of nickels and dimes left over to get tthe accessories you want.
Just my opinion based on my own experience.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Jim Dow

Extra Front Power Transfer Switch

I got a good deal on a used 5er and then asked for an additional power transfer box added to the front storage area and got it. That was a good, clean addition.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
theeyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
I would recommend being focused on getting 25 to 30 percent off of lowest online msrp you can find for theexact model you want . Once that is agreed tell him to take the junk Chinese tires off and install a set of Maxxis or an American made set of LT tires. Adding too many nickel and dime items just allows wiggle room in favor of the dealer. A clean deal is always the best deal. With the moneyyou save , you will have plenty of nickels and dimes left over to get tthe accessories you want.
Just my opinion based on my own experience.
Steve
This is the best advice. Get a good deal. The nickel and dime stuff is just that. Even when you get them to throw in a weight distribution hitch it is usually bottom of the line and you will want to replace it. Fact is the dealer knows exactly how many $$ they have to and will make on a deal. They have to make a profit to stay in business. Get stuff thrown in and they will just charge that much more for the trailer.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
Ken / Claudia

The last 2 rvs I purchased they gave deals on parts etc. The last one listed below was at Curtis Tlrs in PDX. They gave me the WDH at thier cost, 50 dollars credit at parts shop and a coupon good for a year for a dicount. That coupon saved about 80 off the genny. I did not ask for anything, they informed me of that after the deal and I worked on the price of the trailer and trade in. If I attempted to get free stuff who knows if I would or could have done that well. I say as others work on the best purchase price you can.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
Bigbeardiver

I prefer to just be a good and pleasant customer. They throw in all kinds of free advice and help with issues after the purchase. Even places that just sell parts, being nice goes along way and they offer better solutions than what I was looking for.

2009 Sprinter 311BHS
Patrick and Brenda
Bigbeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
kimanderson98642

Ken / Claudia we also bought ours from Curtis and it was a great experience and they offered a free workshop one evening that covered all of the working systems like the electric, plumbing, and propane systems and answered all of our questions. If you get a chance they also showed us the private RV and antique collection they have above there shops. A must see if they have another workshop. We also received a discount is the store for a Year.
Home Base Ridgefield, Washington
2011 Keystone Cougar 292rks
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins
kimanderson98642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
Ken / Claudia

Thanks, we went to the new owners workshop at Curtis TLRS PDX. They gave everyone a real detailed booket that they made and explained alot and had a Q and A until all Qs were answered with free stuff drawing at the end. Thet seen to want to do the best they can at and after the sale.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
golfpro

I bought a 1999 Tt new and asked for a 15% discount on accessories like lights, awnings etc. I still get that discount to this day.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
2014Fuzion300

Best ideas for free stuff with RV purchase

We got a "good ?" price, three smoke Maxx air vents covers and a 3500 lb power front jack!

Sent from my iPad.
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Sduff

Interesting....my dealership is set up like a car dealership, sales, parts and service. Kinda like 3 businesses in one. Sales does what they can to make the deal work within reason, parts and accessories discount for life because I'm a customer that purchased my RV there and outstanding service, even help over the phone from the campground. This place has a Spring and Fall campout, you pay for the camping and they feed you all weekend....they bring along a big cargo trailer full of accessories and service technicians to install simple stuff and help with any concerns or problems you might have. They have prize giveaways for the tournaments that they have, fishing, washers, mini golf. Don't all RV dealerships do this for their customers. I didn't just buy a Travel Trailer, I bought into a family business and they make you feel welcome. I'm just saying...see you around a campfire somewhere!!

Steve
USAF Retired '96
Land of Lincoln

2013 Laredo 294RK
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 (max tow package)
2013 Passport 2890RL (2003 Chevy Silverado LS ext cab)
1968 King Camper Popup
2008 Honda GoldWing/pulling a Aluma MCTXL cargo trailer
Sduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #15
jessieboy

Thumbs up Great Deal

We just purchased a 294RK at an area show, 5 minutes before close of the last day. Convinced them to include the free standing table option at no cost.

Then we agreed they would install 2 Fantastic fans at cost, with no labor charge. An excellent closer since one of the vents being replaced is not powered. I won't have to run wires through the ceiling.

Both sales manager and I walked away feeling good. An unexpected sale for them and valuable upgrades for me.
jessieboy is offline   Reply With Quote