Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Green Mountain Smoker??

I'm doing my yearly (semi yearly?) dance trying to find something I like to cook on. I always have a Weber charcoal grill anymore but it's too much trouble for a quick cook outside deal. I've gone thru Coleman variations of their travel grills and really liked the versatility (griddles etc.) but they just cannot cook on a low heat over an open grill. Tried Webers and have a Q2200 bought last fall sitting in the barn at home. Cooking is marginal and the size/weight is just more than the platform deserves in my passthrough. So....

Talked to a fellow camper the other day sitting beside us. Did not have a grill outside for the 2 days prior then found a group sitting outside doing a BBQ with a little smoker. Started visiting and he was using a Green Mountain Davy Crockett model pellet smoker. Swore by it. Said he had made the same path many make and that smoker was the best steak cooker, smoker etc. that he had had.

Anyone with any experience with this smoker? Thinking I would like one and it could replace the little Weber charcoal grill and give me a smoker too. Just hate to keep adding grills on the back wall of the storage building.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
jsb5717

I have a Davey Crockett Smoker. I love how it cooks. If you want to just cook a burger or hot dog then a BBQ will be faster. However, it will taste better on the smoker. It's a 12V system and comes with a 110 to 12V adapter so easy to find power for it.

I took ours camping just once but slow cooked (about 6 hours) some ribs. So good!
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

I use a Vector Smoke Hallow grill. Had it for 3 years and love it. It has 3 burners, 1 is for slow low temp cooking and is under the wood chip box. It's held up very well.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #4
Chris P

I to have the Davy Crocket as well, Easy to set up and use,
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount