Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
Dave321

Lippert Solara awning speaker upgrade

I had one of my speakers in the awning cutting out and they sounded very bad also,so I removed the speakers/awning head covers and one of the speaker cones was falling apart. So I went on line to find a replacement speaker that is better than what is in there and i found these for $8.99 ea

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...river--295-150

Here are new stock replacements from Etrailer $38.73 ea if you don't want to go through the trouble to do what I did

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...iABEgKw6vD_BwE

The parts express speakers are a LOT better sounding and better quality than the stock ones,the rear speaker is a direct replacement and the front one needs to have a 1/2" spacer behind it to clear the motor assembly, I used 1/2" plywood,used a 2" hole saw and a sabre saw to cut out the spacer and I had to use small screws to secure the grille,spacer and speaker.The wires need to be un-soldered from the old speakers and re-soldered onto the new ones black on the negative and red on the positive.I drilled a hole through the cover centered above and below the speaker to let any water drain out also.

Pictures from left to right 1)New speaker installed(rear speaker) 2)New vs old front 3) new vs old back 4) front speaker w 1/2" spacer 5&6) front speaker mounted showing spacer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	27046   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	27047   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic5.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	27048   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic8.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	27049   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic11.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	27051  

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic10.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	27052  
Dave321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
Randallf

Outside speakers

Dave321, Thanks for the tip.My left speaker as you walk out the door has a short
I put some tape on the wires and got it working .But ,I know with the awning going in and out it won’t last long.
I have a question :
How do you take the cover off? I removed all the screws and tried to pull the cover off, cannot get it. I even got a small paint scraper and still no luck.
Please ,if you removed your speaker cover, let me know.
Thanks
Randall’s
2017 Sprinter 5th wheel

Randallf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, solar, upgrade