Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
jessicao17

Crossfire bullet 1650ex hybrid mattress

hello I wanted to see if anyone else's mattress was made out of this strange pillow material. I read it is suppose to be foam. When I watch the videos they have different material in theirs as well.please help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200527_141815.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	27630  
jessicao17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

What year is your trailer? If it's not a "current model" (within the past couple of years) storage conditions may have deteriorated the "cheap foam mats" that Keystone calls a mattress. There's a "very fine line" between what fits in the "tent ends of a hybrid trailer" and what is comfortable to sleep on and durable at the same time….

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
jessicao17

It is a 2019...this is why I find this strange. We are the first owner but I think we got ripped off by camping world if you ask me. But first I want to see what is in other beds
Old 05-27-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicao17 View Post
It is a 2019...this is why I find this strange. We are the first owner but I think we got ripped off by camping world if you ask me. But first I want to see what is in other beds

First, CW didn't build that trailer or put the mattress in it. The manufacturer did. As well, RV mattresses are well known to be "not good" even in higher end trailers. On a hybrid (I've never owned one) I'm sure the fold out ends have minimal padding. What you have looks very much like the mattress (padding) I got on my first pop up. Did you not look at that before you bought it?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I can't imagine Camping World or any other dealer for that matter, that would "steal mattresses" from a trailer and replace them with cheap ones. That said, if you're still in warranty, or just out of warranty, you might want to contact CW and let them know what you found. While they "might be normal" if they're deteriorating, it may be a bad batch of foam. Never hurts to see what the dealer will say.

That said, I'd suspect that over half the members here have replaced their mattress, whether it's a foam slab or a "high end coil" mattress. Keystone is not known for providing the most comfortable mattresses in any line of trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #6
jessicao17

They are generally a foam material. We have a lot of things in here that seem off but before I turned it into warranty I wanted to see if anyone with a keystone hybrid had the same issue. I have had popups and it was all foam padding not pillow filling like this.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #7
rodden ruckus

Wanted to check in to see if your issue was ever resolved? We have a new 2020 1650EX and find the mattresses super uncomfortable. We want to replace them asap but not sure which one to get. The one that my husband and I sleep on, has a hinge of sorts. It is about 12" in and I'm sure it's has to do with how it folds up. I am interested in finding out what others bought. I was debating a 2" memory foam topper or an actual memory foam mattress but it wouldn't be hinged so not sure if that would work. TIA for any advice in replacing our mattress =)
rodden ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #8
jessicao17

YESS that hinge was killer! We got a memory foam mattress for our side. The only downfall is we have an 8 inch so it is hard to fold up we have to remove the mattress and place it over the couch and dinette when packing up. But the sleep is soo amazing. I am going to cut the mattress in 2 and cover them with the mattress covers it came with if it fits, if not I will make one and that will help the folding up process! I hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #9
jessicao17

also on your mattress is it more of a pillow filling instead of a foam?

Tags
bullet, mattress