Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2023, 07:16 AM   #1
turbo

TV Mounting

Hi All, waiting on delivery of a new Cougar 23MLE! I want to mount a 2nd tv in the bedroom. Any advice on what mount to choose, and more importantly the exact mounting points so its solid? I know I need to pick a light TV which is fine, just want to ensure its properly mounted.

Secondly, I see one of the complaints about the main TV in the kitchen area is that its mounted somewhat high over the dinette. On the new, larger 260MLE, they use a flexible mount in the same area that drops down over the table, for better viewing from the Theatre Seats. Great idea - has anyone replaced their stock mount? Suggested mount that drops down and works with the stock TV? Thanks in advance!
Turbo
turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM   #2
Mojocamping

Good question

We have the same issue in our 23mle. There is a sticker, but the wall feels very flexible, not solid like I would expect for an area to mount a tv.
Mojocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:11 AM   #3
Texas Steve

I have used a company called "Mount It" for all my tv installs. They have all different kinds of mounts and I am sure you will find one that works in the area you want.
www.mountit.com
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:42 PM   #4
Squanto

Funny you should ask..... For my 23MLE viewing pleasure, I took out the stock mount. I bought a motorized "over the mantel" TV mount. To get it installed the way I wanted, I welded some 1" anglebar into 2 rectangles 5x13. I mounted them to the wall centered on the opening which means I couldn't use the original holes because the original mount is offset. I also needed to notch the bottom middle of the opening of the cabinet about 1"x4" I remounted the original TV until I decided on the replacement which turned out to be about 40lbs. To determine if that was ok, I extended the mount out to the lowest position. With the original TV still in place, I tied on a full, 5 gallon water bottle and raised and lowered the mount a couple times. No problem.

I now have a 65" LG OLE TV. When raised, the upper right corner just touches the ceiling. The bottom of the TV is about even with the bottom of the cabinet. When lowered it is about even withe the kitchen counted. I flush mounted the original. TV in the bedroom with a $10 wedge mount.
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:52 PM   #5
Squanto

I still use the travel "belt" from the original but in order to reach around the bigger TV, they are screwed into the cabinet opening sides next to the doors. I wrap a sock around the plastic clip so it doesn't scratch the screen.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:00 PM   #6
Squanto

VIVO Steel Electric TV Wall Mount for 37 to 70 inch LCD LED Plasma Screen, Above Fireplace Height Adjustable Motorized TV Pull Down Mantel Bracket, Black, MOUNT-E-MM070 https://a.co/d/7xwkuTB
Old 10-31-2023, 04:19 PM   #7
turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto View Post
Funny you should ask..... For my 23MLE viewing pleasure, I took out the stock mount. I bought a motorized "over the mantel" TV mount. To get it installed the way I wanted, I welded some 1" anglebar into 2 rectangles 5x13. I mounted them to the wall centered on the opening which means I couldn't use the original holes because the original mount is offset. I also needed to notch the bottom middle of the opening of the cabinet about 1"x4" I remounted the original TV until I decided on the replacement which turned out to be about 40lbs. To determine if that was ok, I extended the mount out to the lowest position. With the original TV still in place, I tied on a full, 5 gallon water bottle and raised and lowered the mount a couple times. No problem.

I now have a 65" LG OLE TV. When raised, the upper right corner just touches the ceiling. The bottom of the TV is about even with the bottom of the cabinet. When lowered it is about even withe the kitchen counted. I flush mounted the original. TV in the bedroom with a $10 wedge mount.
Thanks for the info! Would be great if you could post some pics of your great work. thx
Turbo
turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 07:59 PM   #8
Squanto

I think I posted these before but can't find them now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230829_154838.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	45554   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230829_154924.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	45555   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230829_155543.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	45556   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230829_154942.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	45557  
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 07:29 AM   #9
cougar23

We have a 23MLE also. If you go with the factory suggested mounting position you would need a very small tv. I mounted a 32in. TV to the bedroom wall using PAW International mount. This mount consists of 2 thin plastic plates which slide together. I used a piece of 1/8 thick aluminum to make a mounting
plate on the back of the TV. One half of the PAW mount is fastened to this plate.
The other half of the PAW mount is screwed to a stud in the middle of the wall.
The PAW mounts are thin which keeps the TV close to the wall. Also, the mounts need to be placed high on the wall and on back of TV. That is why I made a mounting plate for back of TV.
With the TV mounted on wall center it interferers with the closet slide, so when traveling I remove TV and lay it on the bed. Sorry for lack of pictures but I have never learned how to post them.
cougar23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount