Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
jrochon

Connexx SB-26 Antenna

Hi

My 2017 Bullet Premier 22RBPR came with no connection to an external antenna for the Connexx radio - sound bar. It only had a 3 ft length of wire for the antenna

Compared to the radio reception on my friends trailer, my reception is horrible in most places.

The trailer has a RoadStar external antenna connected to a WineGard amplifier. I disconnected the TV and connected the radio in it's place (using a homemade coax cable RG6 to the Motorola jack that came with the radio.

Reception was only marginally improved.. Does anyone else have this problem ?

See attached simplified wiring diagram
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio or TV Antenna wiring diag.pdf (82.5 KB, 163 views)
jrochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Rber1234

I have a 2018 BP 22RBPR that has the Furrion radio and it gets great reception. It looks to be connected to external TV/Radio antenna. Don't know what you would have to do to fix your problem.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
LHaven

I'm watching this. I know my old rig had a separate whip antenna for the radio and my new Cougar doesn't, yet I seem to get "just OK" radio reception on my Furrion. I know that VHF TV antennas catch FM, but some have FM traps to improve the TV, though since the digital transition, the VHF spectrum is comparatively vacant. I know that too much amplification (booster) can make TV signals disappear, and wonder if the booster might be interfering with FM signals the same way. But my RF chops were never my strongest kung fu, so I'm interested to learn how the gurus make it all work today.

Tags
antenna