Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Timon

MORryde Step Above

Has anyone been looking at the MORryde Step Above entry steps?

I've never liked the traditional steps as they flex a lot and our large dogs don't like using them due to not having risers between the steps. Although these new steps don't have risers it seems they could easily be added.

I'd love to see them added to the Keystone line, especially the Alpines that were looking at, but even if they don't they can be customer added easily.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
eds451

Re: MORryde Step Above

These look great. Especially since I just finished repairing my sagging springy steps. Googling, I see a lot of recent inquiries but no info on price. Anyone know where they can be bought??

Central Calif.
2010 Dodge 2500HD, 5.7 hemi
2007 Cougar 244rls
eds451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Timon

One post I saw by someone who installed their own said it was about $350. Not all that bad.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
CaptnJohn

Not a fan of inside storage. Why bring in sand, dirt, water????

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:27 AM   #5
Laredo291OH

We just saw these on a new 5th wheel at the dealer. I don't remember what brand it was, don't think Keystone. I had the same thought as CaptnJohn, seems like you would get alot of dirt inside. In fact the dealer lot is gravel and some small stones when inside when the saleswoman demonstrated the steps. I will say, they were very sturdy and nice to walk up. Seems like they could get in the way at a campground though.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:08 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

We have these steps on a sport trek trailer on our lot. A bit awkward in my opinion.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #7
eds451

The DW would definitely NOT appreciate the dirt/gravel inside the trailer. The price is not bad. I will keep an eye on this for my next trailer (maybe)

Central Calif.
2010 Dodge 2500HD, 5.7 hemi
2007 Cougar 244rls
eds451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Timon

I'm hearing much about tracking in dirt, gravel and water but I don't see how this is any different that any other stairs. It's not like you opening and closing these every time your using the door.

Basically you open them up when you setup and close them when you're heading out after packing up. When your ready to close up you just sweep them off so no dirt, rocks or mud gets in the coach. The little bit of water still left on stairs if it's raining wouldn't be enough to hardly wet the floor espically if you can close the awning after closing the stairs.

The fact that these stairs are much more stable and have less moving parts plus the parts that do move are protected from the weather gives them an advantage over other stairs. I also think they are more easily upgraded for pets than the older folding ones. They do seem to stick out further than the folding ones but I think that good since they aren't as steep.

IMHO, I see these as minor issues compared to the advantage.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:38 AM   #9
CWSWine

I see two things I don't like about these.

1. One of our favorite sites in side of hill with cuts in for RVs and the those steps probably would not be able to set on the ground due to the slop away from the RV. We have the 4 step aluminum steps and use a additional foot stool type setup and it's still quite a step up.

2. When we load the RV the DW is inside and I carry stuff out and set out on the floor keeping the steps stored makes it easier for use to load.

Also, dumping what ever on the steps be it mud, rain water, gravel, or grass inside the RV would not set well with my wife.
2016 GMC Denila 1 ton Diesel CC 3722
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Montana 3711FL Front Living Room 5er
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote