Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
TheGriz

Laredo 288RL Maiden Voyage

Hi all!

Well we are back from our maiden voyage to Watkins Glen, NY. Was a short four day trip returning last Saturday 21 October. The trip was roughly 400 miles round trip. The TV and TT rode really nice together, hardly knew the TT was back there. All was good and worked fine on the 288RL. And I just loved my new recliner!!!

We sampled the vino at a couple wineries, enjoyed a great amber with a cheese steak at a local brewery, had an excellent meal at a very nice restaurant at south tip of Lake Seneca, hiked the Gorge at Watkins Glen State Park (beautiful!), and enjoyed the Corning Glass Museum. In the evenings enjoyed a few campfires at the KOA and met some nice folks! Packed quite a bit into four days door-to-door.

Here are a couple pics of the rig as I was hitching up to head home.

Regards,
Mike

P.S. - I'm watching the Penn State - Ohio State game as I type. HOLY MOLEY...14-0 Penn State after just 3 minutes into game!!! WE ARE...
[Post game edit...so much for the Lions honeymoon season]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_093240_resized.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	396.5 KB
ID:	14443   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_093431_resized.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	14444  

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
ken56

Congrats on the maiden voyage. We upgraded to the 334RE Laredo and we love it. What is your opinion of the quality of the unit? We got ours back in June, first week of, and used it up until first week of October. Put it through its paces to come up with a punch list of warranty issues so it is back at the dealer as of now.

We had 3 LED ceiling lights go bad and the touch LED lights interfered with the television reception so they are all being replaced. My radio/DVD player remote did not work at all. There was a little bit of outside sealant that was iffy and the back corners of the roof seam pulled away a little bit so it needed to be resealed. Nothing was wrong with the roof membrane, just the sealant.

There were a few other minor things and a few things I fixed myself the first week we had it. The biggest one was the outside shower faucet leaked at the hot water valve. It was coming inside so I had to replace the whole faucet as I could not get the washer in the valve stem to seat properly in many attempts. A few screws had worked loose on the pantry shelves and under the kitchen island.

All in all I am very happy with our unit. We love the floor plan and I really like the auto leveling. It pulls quite nicely although I know its there behind my GMC 2500 gasser it still handles it well. I hope you enjoy your new Laredo as much as we have ours so far.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
TheGriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
Congrats on the maiden voyage. We upgraded to the 334RE Laredo and we love it. What is your opinion of the quality of the unit? We got ours back in June, first week of, and used it up until first week of October. Put it through its paces to come up with a punch list of warranty issues so it is back at the dealer as of now.

We had 3 LED ceiling lights go bad and the touch LED lights interfered with the television reception so they are all being replaced. My radio/DVD player remote did not work at all. There was a little bit of outside sealant that was iffy and the back corners of the roof seam pulled away a little bit so it needed to be resealed. Nothing was wrong with the roof membrane, just the sealant.

There were a few other minor things and a few things I fixed myself the first week we had it. The biggest one was the outside shower faucet leaked at the hot water valve. It was coming inside so I had to replace the whole faucet as I could not get the washer in the valve stem to seat properly in many attempts. A few screws had worked loose on the pantry shelves and under the kitchen island.

All in all I am very happy with our unit. We love the floor plan and I really like the auto leveling. It pulls quite nicely although I know its there behind my GMC 2500 gasser it still handles it well. I hope you enjoy your new Laredo as much as we have ours so far.
So far so good Ken. I really didn't put the television through it's paces and didn't use the DVD yet. I assure you though that I will hook up to 110VAC shortly and check these things.

Regarding roof and sealants, I had issues with my previous TT. This time the dealer made ESPECIALLY sure that all roof joints had PLENTY of Dicor sealant.

I haven't noticed anything shaking loose so for...knock on wood. I have adopted a new philosophy though with this new TT. That is if its a minor fix or adjustment, I am just going to do it myself. I am a fairly handy guy. If I do it myself, I know it's done correctly. And I minimize the trips back to the dealer for only things of a more significant nature.

So far I'm happy with the quality. But candidly, I have a better understanding of the RV industry. My expectations are not that of a finely built German automobile. But I don't want to get into a long thread here on RV industry quality. Lot's of other threads here on quality, where there is just no more meat left on that horse's bones

All the best of luck with your Laredo! Thanks for sharing your experiences.
So far I am loving my Laredo

Regards,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo