Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
portabull

Missed my outdoor kitchen- Problem solved

I recently got into a Cougar 326srx 5er toy hauler from a TT. I really missed my outdoor kitchen and used to do everything outside. Since there is no outdoor sink in the 326 I cut a hole in the passenger side and installed a quick connect shower faucet and purchased a fish cleaning table with a sink. I have a 5 gal. bucket for waste water if needed and connections to go to sewer. Tapped into the water lines right behind the new faucet. Also removed TV from kitchen area and added shelves for cooking gear. (Twin 8 year old boys don't need a TV outside when camping) Was nervous cutting into side of trailer. I used a bosch vibrating fine tool which worked amazing clean cuts.
Some pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9268.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	12425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9275.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	12429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9278.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	12431   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9267.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	12432  
portabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
BuxCamper

I have that fish cleaning table and sink too. For longer trips I'm thinking of connecting to the low point drain which happens to be on the curb side.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:26 AM   #3
xcntrk

Very nice modification! Might steal some version of this for myself

Having a toy hauler, I too miss my outside kitchen. Mostly the cook top for stinky/greasy foods that aren't very grill friendly and would stink up the interior if cooked inside. I picked up an electric griddle cook top and set it on a small table. Works great considering it's not a self contained outside kitchen.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:08 AM   #4
byrdr1

We use a griddle outside almost all the time. BUT for those days when we can't, I bought an electric fry pan with a lid. WORKS right under the vented fan area on the stove. turn that fan on and with the lid it works.
Don't do it much but when I have too it works great. I have used it outside when the wind and rain are blowing and I needed to cook bacon or sausage.
I like your set up.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:27 AM   #5
Alpine

Fabulous work!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #6
canesfan

That's a nice setup. I wanted an outdoor kitchen. It's the one thing I didn't get that was on my list. How did you connect the sink faucet to the hose? Is it just threaded or are they quick connects, too? My shower hose like that is quick connect on one end and hose threads on the other. And where did you get the table?
Old 04-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
portabull

I used the same hose you have from the outdoor shower on the other side. Yes the table has a hose connection. Got it from bass pro shops and it's on sale at cabelas. Also found a fitting that connects to the tail piece on the table so I can run a 25' garden hose for waste water. Hardest part was making that first cut. Lol
Old 04-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
canesfan

Sweet, thanks for the heads up on Cabelas. I just ordered one with my points and it didn't cost me anything.

Now when the daughter is cooking she can wash dishes, too. I'm sure she will appreciate that immensely.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
portabull

Here is the link for the adapter from the tail piece to a garden hose. (If I copied it right)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0030...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If not it's a Valtrera T01-0094VP

Also got the faucet assy from etrailer. Was going to tap off from the other side and run a hose under camper. But I found out that if you leave the hot and cold knobs open without the water running it mixes and keeps the hwh running and hot water like warm.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #10
canesfan

Ok thanks. But what is that adapter for? Does that adapt the drain hose to a garden hose?

I was thinking about just running a hose from the outdoor shower to the faucet. We wouldn't need it on more than a few minutes at a time. Not sure I want to cut into the side like you did, although the kitchen is right there and a good size empty space under the base cabinets to work in.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
portabull

The adapter is to adapt a garden hose to the sink drain hose. You absolutely could hook up to the shower on the other side. Especially if your only using it briefly. Just figured I would give you all the info. I have younger kids and would probably forget to walk around and shut off the valves.
Enjoy the season it's just beginning.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #12
canesfan

Thanks for all the info. I'm excited. I'm debating sending the daughter a picture or just surprising her with it. Sure seems like it will make life easier and save a bunch or trips in and out.

One more question, how wide is the non-sink portion of the table? I have a Weber Q whatever number that has the folding trays on both sides of it. I'm really hoping it will fit on the table.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/w...2000-gas-grill

Edit - one more one more question - is the faucet and drain really as junky as a lot of reviews say it is? Should I be looking for another faucet?
Old 05-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #13
portabull

No the faucet seems to be fine. The tail piece is a bit questionable but if you not an animal it's fine. It's not schedule 40 pvc but it works.