Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #1
Gorski

2nd AC unit

I am planing to add a second ac unit to my 29RLI. This will be installed over the bedroom which currently has a fantastic fan. It is prewired for 110V according to the sticker on the electric ceiling outlet cover. I know that I need a 13.5 unducted model. But which make is best ? I have been looking at the Dometic Brisk Air II. Any suggestions ?

2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC SB SRW 4X4 3.42
2015 Cougar Xlite 29RLI, Maxxis, Morryde wet bolts,CRE/3000 correct track, 507 TST TPMS, Dual 12V batt, Champion 3100 W inv/gen, Transfer Flow 40 gal in bed aux tank, Airlift loadlifter 5000 ultimate air bags, Airlift wireless one compressor
Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
hawkeyestoob

We just had a Coleman 13.5 non ducted installed in our bedroom and are very happy with how it has performed in the heat and humidity the last couple times we have been out. We can now fire up the generator when we are about 30 minutes away from our campground and have it be nice and cool by the time we get there. It also is great to just leave the fan on low for the bedroom unit while we sleep and let it run all night. That really seems to keep the outside noise to a minimum.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
fla-gypsy

I prefer Coleman
Old 06-29-2016, 08:03 AM   #4
Dave W

This is what I did about a month ago:http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25262

As far as operating - it works well, reasonably quiet and best of all, the DW is happy. Unfortunately the price keeps going up and up for that a/c on Amazon. Height wise - the 5er is now at ~13' 1" hooked up to the TV and loaded for travel or about 4-5 inches higher then delivered. Brand - looking at reviews, they all seemed about equal. The Coleman was not as available nor as competitively priced when doing my search, being 2-300 dollars more for the same 13.5 Btu output.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I had the Dometic Penguin II 13.5 non ducted installed in our bedroom and we are very happy with it. It is more streamlined than our main 15k Dometic and I like that on the front (bedroom). It cools the bedroom and MORE. Really helps cut down the heat when first setting up. Last night I picked a park (unknowingly) right beside the interstate full of semi traffic. I'm a light sleeper so turned on the bedroom AC and slept away.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote