Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
jlogan10

Fuzion 369

DW and I are looking into buying the 2020 Fuzion 369. Really like the floorplan. Those of you that currently own one what are your thoughts on them. Pros and Cons. Thanks for your feedback. Also as a side question, can the generator be removed when not being used?
jlogan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I can't answer any of the 'floorplan or problem" topics, but as for the generator. The ONAN 5500 watt generator that's installed is a "permanent installation" and even though you "could spend hours and hours removing it" the generator is not designed to be a 'stand alone generator". It's intended to be a "RV dedicated generator" and to be operated in the RV generator compartment, not on a bench next to the house.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:09 AM   #3
LewisB

We have a similar Raptor 353TS. In looking at your floor plan, one issue I see is that access to the refrigerator, bathroom, and bedroom looks like it will be blocked when the main slide is IN. Same with our rig - it is one of the things I dislike. I have learned that rigs with slides should be viewed with all the slide IN before purchase - easy to overlook.

If you travel/move your rig regularly (vs. staying put in a parking spot) and want to "use the rig along the road" for lunch, naps, the rest room, the refrigerator, you might want to view any potential purchase from a travel configuration. We have to put all the slides out on the road side to have access to everything - something I would avoid in future purchases.

Also, be aware that your 11' garage may not be quite as described. If you have the patio deck stuff (and maybe the sliding doors), they will consume about 6" of garage space. Also, the "swing in" garage door from the main cabin will need about 3' of space. So if you have a 10' long side-by-side, it is going to be a tight fit and you will not be able to use the interior garage door with your toy loaded. We love the deck and sliding patio doors, but it does take a lot of space. Just something to be aware of at purchase.

Hope that helps. We (mostly) love our new (2018) Raptor!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #4
K_N_L

Camped next to a 2018 369 a while back and we chatted a bit about any problems and issues. His only issue was around the fridge performance, being on the slide. He had added fans to aid the exhausting and improve cooling (seems to a common issue on the Norcold 2118). As noted getting to the bathroom on a rest stop would require some slide extension. We have to extend the wardrobe slide for 6 seconds for access on ours, wifey has got it timed down exactly for when in a hurry. Good luck shopping! Take your time and make sure you have enough truck, these TH'ers are nose heavy.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #5
JJaxon

I love my 2020 Fuzion 369. The floor plan is very accommodating. If there are any complaints from me, it is that the kitchen only has 2 small pull out drawers, but I use one for silverware and the other for utensils. The kitchen is very nice for 2 people to assist in meal prep. The belly storage is a bit smaller than some 5th wheels, and the shower stall is adequate, but not as big as my last 5th wheel - a Carbon 347. The loft is not cozy, but I use it for tote storage or grand kids sleeping quarters.

Plus side, Kitchen and pantry cabinets are adequate, 3 air conditioners are nice, and cool it down fast. No slides on the camp side make the outdoor area most usable. The party deck is fabulous. The front bedroom is perfect for me. I left the factory mattress at the dealer and bought a 10" memory foam on Amazon for under $200. The living area is very accommodating for large family or group of 6. In the very cold the electric fireplace works great. The garage fits my Goldwing DCT Tour bike like it was made for it.

As for the generator removal. You could remove it, but you are paying for it to be there. If you don't need a generator bc you'll be hooked to shore power all the time. I'd think about ordering a 369 without the generator. If you remove it, there will be some power cables to deal with that feed to and from it. You would not be able to benefit all the 369 has to offer without it, in my opinion.

When travelling, I stop at a rest area, start the genny with my phone, pick a wide spot to park, run the air conditioner, move the slide out enough to access the bed/bath, all with my phone then make lunch, rest for a bit, then close up, shut down, and roll on down the road. The generator is nice to have just for that.

Any other questions, just ask. I leave for an 11 day vacation on saturday with my 369, and overall, it works great for me.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:59 PM   #6
jlogan10

JJaxon thanks for the advice. One of the biggest reasons we are looking at this toy hauler is so we can take our Goldwing GL1800 with us. How does your Goldwing Load? What do you pull your Fuzion with?
Old 07-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
jlogan10

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:50 PM   #8
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlogan10 View Post
JJaxon thanks for the advice. One of the biggest reasons we are looking at this toy hauler is so we can take our Goldwing GL1800 with us. How does your Goldwing Load? What do you pull your Fuzion with?
Here is a link to my video from spring 2020.

My other video
shows how I loaded it and the tie down bar I built for this toy hauler. Works fantastic.

I tow my 369 with a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW crewcab with the Cummins diesel. I also use the Andersen Ultimate hitch.
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Old 07-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #9
jlogan10

Thanks JJaxson for the videos. We went tonight and looked at it in person. Question I have is, is the generator gas or lp? Dealer said lp, but the Onan sticker says gasoline. He's getting to find out for sure. Hoping lp.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #10
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlogan10 View Post
Thanks JJaxson for the videos. We went tonight and looked at it in person. Question I have is, is the generator gas or lp? Dealer said lp, but the Onan sticker says gasoline. He's getting to find out for sure. Hoping lp.
Mine is gas. It has 2- 30 gallon tanks in the back. One tank is dedicated to the generator, the other is for toys, and it has a fuel nozzle. I have not seen Fuzion with a propane generator, but I guess its possible.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:37 PM   #11
jlogan10

Thanks JJaxson.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:38 PM   #12
jlogan10

Well we pulled the trigger and bought it!
Old 07-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #13
JJaxon

That's great, congratulations. I think you'll like the room it offers. What are your plans for towing - truck, hitch?

We're on day 9 of our 2nd trip this year. Home tomorrow, but I could live in this thing.
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Old 07-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #14
jlogan10

We have a daughter, son-in-law and our first grandson in Alabama. We live in Michigan. So lots of trips back and forth. We usually go half way and stop overnight at a rest area. That's the main reason for the generator. Also we love camping up in northern Michigan. So, both Alabama and Miichigan offer great places to ride our Goldwing (reason #2). We also have our Son and his wife camp with us (reason #3). It just makes sense for us.
We have a 2019 Chevy Silverado 3500 SWA. Haven't decided on a hitch yet. Our current one is only a 16k one. Need a bigger one.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #15
JJaxon

The Andersen Ultimate works like a dream on this RV. No bucking, chucking, easy hook up and disconnect. You'll really enjoy the trip sand having 3 air conditioners. I use2 at a time, usually the main living and garage. The bedroom stays cool with the ducted main ac.

I'm looking for a place to go in Michigan, any suggestions?
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Old 07-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #16
tech740

I will agree that the Andersen works great. My trailer is not as heavy but at 15,500 I have no concerns at all.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #17
jlogan10

If you want to sight see in the upper peninsula the the Straights State park is a good place. Mackinac Island, Soo Saint Marie, White Fish Point, and The Tequanimon Falls are easy day trips from there.
Hartwick Pines State Park in Grayling Michigan is another good one. It has full hookup sites and a logging museum, also easy walking trails through old growth pine trees that were preserved from logging back in the 1800's. Graying is also a great place to canoe.
Oh the U.P is a great place to ride your goldwing.
Going across the Mackinaw Bridge on mine is on my bucket list.
Hope you can make it up! Thanks again for the advice.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

If you decide to ride across the Mackinac Bridge on a M/C, WEAR A HEAVY COAT AND FACE PROTECTION !!!!! It might be 90F on either end of the bridge, but 225' up in the air over the water, it's 40F. Couple that with a 25-35 MPH wind and it can be "bitterly cold" up there !!! The last time we went across on the Slingshot, it was a bright sunny day, we were in down vests, down coats, neck scarves and gloves. People in Mackinaw City thought we were NUTS.... But we didn't freeze "up there" .... Oh and if you do hit St Ignace, take US 2 west from town. About 5 miles west of McDonald's you'll find Letho's Pasty Shop. It's a "must do on any bucket list" !!!!! If you continue further west on US2, you'll run "adjacent to some of the world's nicest fresh water beaches. There are about 30-50 miles (I've never actually measured it) of white sandy beaches, all fresh water, all with available parking along the highway so you can stop, walk the beach, swim or picnic (with those pasties from Letho's) and enjoy Lake Michigan.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:15 PM   #19
tech740

Definitely don't skip Lehto's! Love that place. There is some great food in Marquette also if you make it that way. Thai, Mexican and Creole.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #20
jlogan10

JJaxon do you have air bags on your truck?

Tags
fuzion