Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
head1855

TV mounting location

We just purchased our new Bullet Crossfire 1650ex. I am having trouble with figuring out a location for mounting a tv. The only two options that I see are on the cabinet over the dinette (which will block the opening into that cabinet) or the wall that is perpendicular to that cabinet which boarders the refrigerator (but this wall seems a little flimsy). Also, can anyone recommend a tv bracket? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
head1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:14 AM   #2
Skippy38

I mounted another TV in the bedroom of my 29RLI at the designated location. I used a standard wall mounting bracket that I got at Best Buy and it has worked perfectly. Just use the right size anchors and it should not be a problem.
Skippy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #3
bsmith0404

Typically there is a designated location with a backer board near the cable jacks/outlet. If there isn't a label to show the location, a stud finder should help you find the backer board. Pretty much any wall bracket will work, but if you can find one with locks that keep it in the closed position for traveling that would be better. You can also use Velcro straps anchored to the wall for travel.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:53 AM   #4
Chabs1960

Tv mount on Bullet Crossfire 1650EX

head1855,

Did you ever figure out exactly where to install a tv mount, and which tv mount did you use? We also just bought a 1650EX and there was no sticker in that open cabinet showing where to install a mount. And the tv mount I bought requires sliding the bracket down from the top over a mounting flange, and there is not enough space to the ceiling to do that. Maybe a Keystone rep can comment here on the specific location and mount to use.
Thanks.
Chabs1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:07 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

To our knowledge, and we believe this to be true, there are NO Keystone employees that belong to the forum. Al DC o, at the bottom of each webpage is a statement that the forum I'd not owned nor directed by Keystone.

That cleared up, ca nbn you push on the paneling in the cabinet and feel a backer board?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabs1960 View Post
head1855,

Did you ever figure out exactly where to install a tv mount, and which tv mount did you use? We also just bought a 1650EX and there was no sticker in that open cabinet showing where to install a mount. And the tv mount I bought requires sliding the bracket down from the top over a mounting flange, and there is not enough space to the ceiling to do that. Maybe a Keystone rep can comment here on the specific location and mount to use.
Thanks.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #6
jessicao17

we have the 1650ex as well and we did a swing tv mount so that we could pull the tv out and turn it but also so we could access that cabinet as well!
jessicao17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv mount