Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
MYSTICGENE

Roof Leak on 2017 Bullet

My 2017 Bullet is leaking from the roof and it looks like the rubber mat has split on the top corner
MYSTICGENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Any way to get a pic of the situation? Probably a couple of ways to attack it. First I would cover it or something to prevent further leakage/damage until repairs are made.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
Northofu1

Just my personal opinion.
If you have any inkling about keeping this trailer for a while...
RV Armor
https://rv-armor.com/rv-armor/?gclid...SAAEgIrEPD_BwE
This is USA only

If you're a DIYer
https://www.superiorrvroof.ca/
This can be purchased in Canada or the USA

I would also think about any potential upgrades to air vent fans like the fantastic fan or the like, maxxair type covers, antennas, solar panels etc.

I don't think any bullet roofs are walkable, so maintenance is not needed with either of these products.

It was one of the main reasons why I have traded mine in. Liked the layout, was comfortable, towed well.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Weekender 1
Gone Traveling

Clean the area real good.
Then get tubes of self leveling dicor and do like the factory did!
Weekender 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekender 1 View Post
Clean the area real good.
Then get tubes of self leveling dicor and do like the factory did!

My concern would be where that "split" is in the corner and exactly what it is. I doubt there is Dicor over it if it is a new, or caused "split".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
My concern would be where that "split" is in the corner and exactly what it is. I doubt there is Dicor over it if it is a new, or caused "split".

I would also like to see a pic first.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
papachaz

shouldn't this be under warranty if it's just 3 years old? hopefully you have done the regular roof maintenance
papachaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by papachaz View Post
shouldn't this be under warranty if it's just 3 years old? hopefully you have done the regular roof maintenance
No, it's not under warranty.

The trailer warranty is 1 year. If built after September 2018 (I think I remember correctly) there is an extended "structural warranty" that covers the "hard parts of the structure.

The TPO membrane has a 12 year "pro-rated warranty" on the membrane ONLY. It does not cover installation, failure of any seam components or adhesive loosening under the membrane. Those are "installation defects" covered by the 1 year warranty.

So, unless there's a "defective membrane" (hardly ever happens at a seam or joint) there's no warranty. If it is a "defective membrane" the pro-rated reimbursement (membrane cost only) for a 3 year old TPO roof (in year 4 of use) is 40%. So, less than half the cost of repairs, even IF (very unlikely) Alpha-Systems accepts responsibility and product failure.

Again, installation is NOT a part of the membrane warranty and Keystone's warranty has expired.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:03 AM   #9
Mastrblastr

What model Bullet do you have? I have a 2015 Bullet 212RBSWE and had a leak in the roof where the rubber roof meets the front of the trailer. There is a metal flashing piece that connects the two materials together and then a wide pass of Dicor covers the whole thing. The problem was that I don't think they cleaned the area properly before they put the Dicor on, and it never filled the void between the metal flashing and the rubber roof properly. The Dicor cracked and water seeped in between the flashing and the rubber roof, and then migrated into the trailer. I had to cut the Dicor (very carefully) across the entire roof where it meets the flashing, clean everything and reapply new Dicor. Hosed it down with a hose after curing the Dicor for a few days and all was good.