Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2019, 06:29 AM   #1
KC10Chief

Water leak on 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS!

We picked up our new trailer on March 1st. This is our fourth weekend using it but the first time it has rained on us. I also store it inside. This morning, I woke up to water dripping on me and a soaking wet mattress, pillow, etc. Water was pouring in at the window on the front of the trailer. I thought it was the window at first and got out there and taped it up the best I could with duck tape (the only thing I have) until I could make a better repair. The water kept coming. I went back out to investigate and discovered this ridiculous and shoddy workmanship on top of the front cap where the LED lights come out. It would have taken them two seconds at the factory to put a blob of silicone on this hole. This little channel is like a gutter. All the water running off the cap was going right into this hole. What a mess! It will take me about five seconds to fix this. This front cap is apparently new for 2019 so, if you're picking one up, make SURE you check this hole for silicone and avoid getting a few gallons of water in the front of your trailer.

ProPride 3P-1400 hitch.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone, leak, water, water leak