Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2017, 04:52 AM   #1
Firstimer

Any Cougar 24sa owners on here?

Hi, we are new to rving, never owned one, but have wanted to for over 15 years. We are very close to buying a 2017 keystones cougar 24sa. It has private bedroom with Jack and Jill bathroom,couch,rear kitchen.
Does anyone own one? Any opinions? Issues? Since we have never towed before, I'm worried to go bigger. We have a 2003 chevy suburban 1500 to tow it. The drw is 5000 pounds. Bigger is more expensive too. For many weekend trips It will be just my husband and I, some trips one or both of my 4 children (age 16,18) who still live at home will come. My other 2 kids, who are out of state at college will join us infrequently. My plan is to have a nice tent and air mattresses for when all are together, and some or all of my kids will bring friends im sure.
Just wondering if there are any others who own one, or one this size , and if I am being naive to think we will be comfortable if we use it along with tents for big family trip. It does have larger than avg water and propane tanks. It's a big commitment with storage fees, and long financing time. Thank for any input. Nervous but excited to make it official and put money down.
Firstimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar