Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
George

Tieing down the camper cover

I have a 2010 SAB31 Cougar and just bought a full winter cover for it aka - a winter bag. I live in a snow belt and we do get some good winds too.

Am looking for hints on how to properly tie it down. Have seen some campers using sandbags, others say that is inviting rub areas. Is it better to tie it tight or loose? What is meant by loose - say 2 inches slack?

Thanks - George
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Murray0512

Is your cover go under the sides? I had the wind destroy two so got a extra tall cover it's suppose to go under the sides if that is so I have some stretch cord if will tie off with idea being it will let wind escape will see here in a month when I close for the season
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
George

Yes the cover goes under the sides. It is supposed to allow the wind thru, and is soft enough to not be abrasive on the surface. I think the hard part will be to get a material that I can put over the sharper corners, ac coroners etc. I can use foam - but how do you keep it in place? Tape will mark the surface.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Murray0512

I use a old pool noddle just cut length I want . Cut to center seem to wor do far
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
cathcartww

Pool noodles are great. I also use old tennis balls with holes poked in them over the drain spouts and other things that poke out. Underneath, we use long bungy cords from Walmart - side to side, grommet to grommet. Keeps firm tension, but still has some give in the wind, etc.

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Scottinvt

3m blue tape works pretty good to hold foam in parts of the camper. If adhesive is left in the spring use a little alcohol to remove residue. Also tennis balls with a slit in them work great for any crank down stabilizer jacks!!
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote