Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
woodsters

Lakewood Camping Resort - Myrtle Beach, SC

This is where we have our camper stored. We tent camped ther e11 yrs ago and loved it and chose it as our homebase for the time being.

Lakewood is oceanfront and has a lot to offer. It is owned by a Christian family for those that it makes a difference to. They say they do not allow alcohol there, but we've seen some drinking their beer. I don't think they really enforce it unless it becomes an issue. The resort has both outdoor and indoor swimming pools. The indoor pool as a hot tub and they are both open all year long. There is also miniature golf, pedal boats, fishing, basketball, playground, hippo slide (big blow up thing), shuffleboard, a coffee shop with free wi-fi, store, laundromat, and more. I know I am missing some things. They are having a thing now that when you book your trip if you pay an additional $15 a day, then everyone in your family(camping group) gets to do the paid stuff (boats, golf, slide, etc) unlimited. Otherwise you have to pay each time you do one of those things. Oh yeah there is also snack bars, church services and Hi Steppin, a county review show.

www.lakewoodcampingresort.com
woodsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
ptodd47

Going there for a week in July! My wife has been there to check it out while on other business and she said its really nice. Looking forward to it!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
woodsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canucks View Post
Looks like a nice place & on the ocean is a BONUS. To bad about the NO Attachment 310 and small dogs only policies (rules us out for sure). We are doing the Carolina's & Georgia for our 2013 snowbird location. Thanks for posting.

Don't think the drinking will be an issue for you. We've seen plenty of it around and even saw people with bar signs up. I think we also saw some larger dogs. I think it's just certain breeds they don't allow.

It's a great place. We aren't going this year. At least not for a week. Maybe we can slip a long weekend in somewhere, but we are heading to Topsail Hill in Florida at the end of April and then we are flying out to California for a week in August. Sort of limits any other long trips this year. We wil lbe back there next year for sure. Our wallet will have to recoop....lol
woodsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
bigracenut

Lakewood is a nice campground, until you try one of the other campgrounds close, then you find Lakewood is not as nice...... we've been camping at Lakewood for 10 yrs, and this past July was our last trip there..... Reasons too long to list. But you need to try Ocean Lakes also..... you'll see the difference.

Just my opinion, and 4 other campers who were camped near us.
bigracenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
inspecterbake

Travel Park

North Myrtle has the best park down there in my opinion Travel Park is my choice for 10 years now.
inspecterbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
jje1960

Myrtle

We love Ocean Lakes, however have heard plenty of people that like Lakewood, while I've not been there, have heard it's much quieter and more conservative in nature. The beach at Lakewood, Pirateland and Ocean Lakes is just plain awesome, has 'special' sand that drains stress..... :0)
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote