Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
RAW

Timber Ridge RV Resort - Traverse City, Michigan

Hi all, we are planning a 2 week trip to Ohio, Michigan and Illinois and have made reservations at Timber Ridge RV Resort in Traverse City, Michigan. Woodall's has rated Timber Ridge at 4w and 4w. We were just looking to see if anyone has stayed at Timber Ridge and what their opinion of their stay was. Any recommendations on things to do in Traverse City or Leelenau County? Thanks in advance
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
pbryan

Never stayed at Timber Ridge, but there is lots to do in the Traverse City Area...

Not sure when you're going or what you like to do but here's a few things:

The Cherry Festival is 7/7 - 7/14.

Sleeping Bear Dunes (National Park Service Site) is nearby. If you like National Park style activities, hiking, giant sand dunes, etc... this is a good one...

There are several Lighthouses you can visit, Pt. Betsie, Old Mission, & Grand Traverse are all open to the public with museum exhibits, and I believe the light towers are open to climb in all 3 as well (usually for a small fee).

There are lots of winerys & vineyards (some very good ones) in the area. Most are on the Old Mission Peninsula (just north and east of downtown) or on the Leelanau Peninsula (north and west of TC).

You can take a ride on the Tall Ship Manitou around Grand Traverse Bay.

Lots of Shopping & Eating on Front St...

And lots more...
--Paul
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
mikell

On your way the Benton Harbor, St Joseph are has lots of beaches and winereys and a campground right in town with a little train. Just off the 96 / 94 exchange
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
RAW

pbryan and mikell for the tips and hints. I really do appreciate it. We are planning to take in both TC (Front street), the Wine Festival and Sleeping Bear Dunes. I plan on having the family tackle the Dune Climb. Some may make it, some my not. As for the tall ship Manitou....I had no idea! That sounds like a great thing to look into. St Joseph? I will check that out as well. We plan on using Timber Ridge to bounce up to Mackinac Island. I've been told that this is worth the trip. The drive up the 31 I've also heard is very scenic. We are looking forward to it.
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
JeffS

We have stayed at Timber Ridge a couple of years ago and it was OK but nothing special. If you don't need full hookups the State Park at Interlochen (International Music Camp - you might want to checkout what programs they have while you are in town) or the Traverse City State Park (across the street from the bay) are very nice. If you are into wine be sure to visit Black Star (good wine and cheese), the one up past Suttons Bay rather than to one on Mission P. The drive up Mission P to the light house is nice and there are a lot of tasting rooms along the way.

If you like microbrew's be sure to go to North Peak and for a good meal give the Blue Tractor a try.
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote