Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
michael

mattress tempflow ?

comfort is important lol after hearing the leval of comfort they have with the spring stock ones id like to enjoy my first night in the tt,
im thinking of replacing the stock mattress right away when i pick up my 2011 sprinter 297ret from the dealer,
im looking at the tempflow rv 8000 anyone with experience with them or simulare quality brand please let me know,
also how are the couch air matterss for comfort should i invest in egg crate pads for thoes as i dont want the kids and grandkids wakeing up grumpy lol thanx for the help

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Johnnyfry

Mattress

We have a Temperpedic at home and love it. At this point I feel that it is just a bit over the $$$ threshold for the 5er but I am rapidly reconsidering that as we have just embarked on a 10 month trip. ( does that make us full timers??)

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
f6bits

I don’t know what the pricing is, or if you need a short queen bed. For the stick house, I bought a memory foam mattress from woot.com for about $300 and we really like it.

For the trailer, I’m looking at an Eco Memory Foam Mattress (short queen):
http://www.mattressinsider.com/memor...attresses.html

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
michael

hi johnnyfry im not sure what make anyone a fulltimer but as of april 28th we will start living in the campgrounds and this is by choice we will have a
po box for our address and the camper will be our home until oct nov at that time we will build a house or rent or head south what ever keeps us smiling lol as for the bed the tempflow is a custom made bed from cali and takes about 3 weeks with delivery they told me i found the web site in the forum the price is 1300 plus tax and delivery was included, so right now id like to find the ultimate comfort and i have a week or two to decide but thats why im here to get a few thoughts from folks who have or have another quality bed thankyou for your response happy campin
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
chuck&gail

Well we've had three TempFlo mattresses for several months now.

Mine is normal twin XL, and I sleep better than I have in years. One other point, I have MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity). Most foam toppers give me a bad reaction, and the Temperpedic mattresses were bad even in a store. No problems with the TempFlo.

Wife always sleeps in a fully electric hospital bed. Her mattress is just like mine, factory said it would be ok to bend. She is in much less pain since we got this mattress for her. It molds to her and supports nicely with no pressure points. What a blessing. Note she raises and lowers feet and head several times a night. So far no problems with foam seperating or tearing.

We also had a mattress custom cut to fit in our TT. Looks and fits nicely, but haven't been out yet, still winter here, so can't say about comfort. Since it is the same makeup as our other two, I think we have a winner.

They are not cheap.

Hope that helps,
Chuck
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
michael

tempflo

Thankyou very much for your thoughts, You are right on the price, I was quoted. $1299 for the RV8000 Model Queen size my feeling is it will be my choice to again thankyou.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
DocData757

My 2 cents worth....

The mattress that came with our 5vr ('Cloud') was terrible, of course. We are living in our camper now and have been full timing for almost 2 years. We decided to get a Tempurpedic mattress after trying them in the store. Since we needed an RV king and they don't make one, we have one custom cut. I loved it but the DW hated it. It was hot and literally difficult to roll over in it. Don't believe that stuff about not rolling... you will.

We lasted 6 months with it, then sold it (at a huge loss) and went with the Sleep Number bed (RV King) from Campingworld. Very easy to install. We've had it for 4 months now and I so wish we have gone with this in the first place because we both totally love it!
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
chuck&gail

Another point on TempFlo. Before this mattress, wife had night sweats. She has not had one since. Tempflo has air vents to prevent overheating. Also I can roll over fine.

No, I do not work for them.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
michael

Mattress

I think folks are getting Tempflo & Temperpedic mattress confused, I would consider a sleep number, but if you are in a trailer without electric hookup, the bed wont air up, so thats why im looking at the tempflo.

2011 Sprinter 297RET

2008 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 V10

Let It Happen Campin.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
michael

Mattress

I ended up buying a mattress from a company called bed in a box. They have a A plus rating with the BBB, It arrived today and its in the camper, 13 inches thick, I layed on it and i like it, And it was $400 cheaper then tempflo.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #11
JimInMich

Factory bed was painful to sleep on. We bought a 4" memory foam topper from Walmarts for $130. Works like a charm, and I am a 300lb man. Once I seen it worked well, I took an electric knife to cut down the lenth to fit properly.
I think it was this one:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canopy-Hyp...opper/11978520
( 2" reg foam topped with 2" memory foam )
11 Chevy Silverado Ext.Cab Z-71 4x4, 5.3 v8, 3:43 w/locker, Factory tow package, Equal-I-zer 1200#, Curt Class V Receiver
12 Cougar XLite 27RLS ( 960# Tongue, 6740# Gross as loaded)
Just the Wife and I.
JimInMich is offline   Reply With Quote