Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #21
ljp

We made the decision to buy a coupler lock after our Keystone 195RB was stolen. We are not "paranoid" and "didn't live - in the wrong places." This confirmed if someone wants something bad enough they will try and take it. I bought the lock in an attempt to keep our new trailer from being stolen. Why did you lock your front storm door? Are you paranoid while inside your trailer?
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:54 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Just about every storage facility removes an "indestructible" lock every month when people don't pay their storage fees. Locks are great for discouraging the average person or the unprepared thief.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp View Post
We made the decision to buy a coupler lock after our Keystone 195RB was stolen. We are not "paranoid" and "didn't live - in the wrong places." This confirmed if someone wants something bad enough they will try and take it. I bought the lock in an attempt to keep our new trailer from being stolen. Why did you lock your front storm door? Are you paranoid while inside your trailer?
No, we lock the storm door and leave the "main door" open when we're in the back yard. It's a "signal to everyone in the neighborhood" that we're home, come on around back.... If our car and truck are in the garage, with the front door closed, people don't know if we're home or not. It has nothing to do with being paranoid. I subject myself to more than enough paranoia while sitting on the toilet reading the daily newspaper.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:46 PM   #24
Rber1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
I've had a few TT tongue locks and the "lock picking lawyer" has made me feel bad about all of them.

I have no skin in the game but I just ordered this lock.
Expensive, but then so is my traveling home.

I use the same lock. Excellent choice. Very beefy lock system
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #25
shermris

I'll agree with the post stating the boot is the best anti-theft protection, it prevents towing and requires removal. If someone is intent on stealing your camper they can bypass the hitch altogether and even use your safety chains instead of the hitch. Any lock will be a deterrent but no coupler lock will prevent a tow away.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote