Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins44 View Post
Thanks Texans. I do use a surge protector at the campsite, but at home i do not. I will start.

Steve0, checking the terminations include behind my breaker panel? I am only somewhat comfortable with electrical tasks. I will certainly check at the location of the battery. I get a little uneasy when poking around the panel.
As stated above disconnect shore power and your battery and then you can check things out without worry. Then I would follow the wires back starting at the battery cables. Check all the terminations are tight. Wiggle and gently tug on every terminal connection you can find. Check the power panel terminals and fuses to make sure they are tight. Also if you have a battery disconnect switch cycle it off and on to clean the contacts.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #22
rfinglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisjoe View Post
With the battery disconnected you will not have any 12 volt power, since it comes through the batteries even when plugged into shore power. You should have only 120, so outlets will work, and AC devices such as the AC and Microwave, but nothing 12 volt like furnace and lights.
I have a Keystone Avalanche and I get full 12 volts and all 12v systems work with no battery hooked up
and plugged into AC.
rfinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #23
Skins44

I was also told that once you connect to shore power, you were no longer using 12v.
Skins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:10 PM   #24
rfinglet

Quote:
I was also told that once you connect to shore power, you were no longer using 12v.
Not true. My last 4 RV's (ALL KEYSTONES) have all worked the same way. Converter still coverts to 12v even with the battery disconnect
rfinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Hello All!

When i have my trailer parked in my driveway, i keep it plugged into 120. I recently came home from a trip and connected power to my 120 via a 30A-120 adapter plug. Since it will be sitting for a few weeks, i disconnected the negative connection to my battery so i do not overcharge. When i did that, i lost all power in my RV. It's not getting power from my 120 for some reason.

Any thoughts?
I'm a little confused. When you say a 30 A-120 adapter do you mean a 50A to 30A adapter? If that's the case, then check to make sure it's providing a good connection. Check for discoloring on the male and female connections.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #26
Skins44

Gotcha, makes sense

2017 Outback 276UBH
2010 F150 Lariat
Skins44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, power