Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
ri_truck_guy

TV Antenna Wiring

First, let me start by saying I'm sure this topic has been thoroughly covered many times, but I have searched and couldn't find an answer to my particular question. So I apologize in advance as I throw this out there hoping someone has already crossed this bridge.

I have a 2014 Fuzion 371 with all the antenna wiring in stock configuration. I'm looking to upgrade my omni-directional antenna to a King Jack 8500. The omni-directional works with all three TVs, but the reception range is weak and the signal often fails.

The upgrade to the King Jack requires a new power booster to be installed, and here comes the problem. When opening up the existing booster everything is well-marked. There are inputs for antenna and cable, and outputs for TV2 and radio on the back of the stock booster. There is also a small input wire for the radio antenna and 12 positive and negative.

Where things start to not make sense is when I disconnect the antenna-in connection, all three TVs lose reception as expected. When I disconnect the TV2 output wire, only the main TV loses reception. The bedroom and garage TVs maintain their signal. Nor does disconnecting the cable marked radio-out disrupt the reception to those TVs (the radio does lose signal). Same with the cable-in connection. I can't find where those TVs are wired into the system. I would have expected a splitter off the TV2 output line. But like I wrote earlier, only the main TV loses signal when that's disconnected.

Has anybody had any experience with this wiring and have some insight you can share? It would be greatly appreciated.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, wiring