Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
BlueThunder34

Any Cougar 28rbs Owners??

Looking for any feedback from Cougar 28rbs owners (or other Cougar owners). We are looking to trade in our Springdale 240BH for something with a little more room but not so big it wont fit in most campsites. We looked at the 2016 Cougar 28RBS and really like it. Fit and finishes seems to be above our Springdale, we didn't want to go with a light weight trailer as we want to keep the large tank capacities. How do you like your Cougar, what drawbacks have you found or things you wish they did different with the trailer? Has it been reliable overall? If you had it to do over again would you buy another Cougar?

Thanks in advance!

2016 Cougar 28RBSWE
BlueThunder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
geeman

2012 28rbs

I have a 2012 28RBS since new and love it. Kids loved the larger bunks. We did put some memory foam under the bunk matresses....pretty thin by themselves especially for teen agers.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

We have a 2016 Cougar 303RLS and really like it. At just under 35' it is easy to tow with the F250. After the TTs and a Class A the 5er has more pros than all the others. We have only pulled about 4000 miles so far and spent about 45 nights. Only one problem ~ the furnace was blowing fuses. I called Atwood, they sent a tech, problem solved. Had a bulb burn out, the screen door latch needed adjusted ~~ all else great. Really enjoy the 4 point auto-level! My wife really appreciates all the storage too. We are not a fan of booth dinettes and like the table & chairs instead. The 40" TV is great. Wired so I added a 27" in the bedroom and a 22" in the pass through. Old guy so have only used the remote to setup once, just do it hands on works for me. The fireplace kept us warm through the low 40s and one 15K AC has worked to 94 (we kept the blinds down to help). Unit arrived with real blinds not the cheap push/pull seen on most of all price ranges. AC is ducted but at the high temps we kept the bedroom door open to help. No plans of adding a washer/dryer although plumbed and ready. A quick connect is ready for a grill but I prefer a smaller one and it uses the 1# disposable bottles. No outdoor kitchen which is a huge plus for me as it would rarely be used and takes up inside space. Always able to get to the bedroom and bathroom but not the refer with both slides in as the kitchen island is in the center ~ open either slide and good to go.
Other than the TVs I added slide toppers on all 3 slides. The 3rd slide in the bedroom is fantastic. It allows a full queen bed along with a dresser in addition to all the closet space.
You asked if we would consider another Cougar. That will be where we go 1st and unlikely to go anywhere else. There is nothing we would change as this fits us perfect.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 09:32 PM   #4
Rwexcavate

We have a recently acquired 2016 28rbs, love it so far. Everything works great and just about enough storage. Towed easily with my 03 Suburban with airbags, yeah I said 03, and 250k miles, but she runs like a top (Im a mechanic and Ive gone through it 100%) .. had this Cougar for about 1 month now, and living in it temporarily until our house gets freed up. Its 2023 now so its showing a bit of age, but still in great shape. Cant wait to take it on a trip. It towed very nicely about 40 miles to get it here even eith a mal adjusted hitch (was in a hurry to move it as daylight was running out) that WD hitch was setup for his 2500 Silverado which sits much higher. I just redid the roof seals with endura bond, and Im very happy with how it turned out. The bunks are a bit thin in the cushion, plan to add foam also. Previous owner had already had the front face redone and rhino lined, came out pretty clean. Floors feel sturdy. AC is currently lacking as there were no filters installed (already installed new ones) gonna head up soon and clean the evap core, hope that will be enough, it warm around here (socal). Black Tank flush works ok, but Ill still use the wand, because unclean is unclean. I like that the undercarriage is encapsulated with corrugated vinyl. Having sensor reading issues with the grey tanks but I suppose thats not uncommon, I freed up the black tank guage with the wand. The bathtub is a bit small but hey its still a tub so thats nice for the little one. I found space behind the kitchen cabinets for a 1.5gal accumulator i recently aquired with a cold water line running through it, yep gonna add that soon, should fit fine and i have a 3gpm 55psi pump that ill be replacing the stock one with soon just because ive had it laying around for a while and want to use it, it was pricey lol. The couch is not the greatest for comfort but not horrible. The wood floors and cabinets are beautiful, high quality carpet. Stainless microwave oven and kitchen sink are nice. Fridge matches the cabinets which looks good as well. Queen bed up front, sweet. The storage compartments are floored same as the kitchen area. I was peaking around the undercarriage today and popped my head through the corrugated vinyl, saw a crossbeam was there, hollow steel beams (tops and bottoms were mini I-beams with 3/8" or so continuous rod bent in triangles and welded to the beams at the points, i liked what I saw for weight and strength balance) .. overall im not depressed about it, will enjoy it once we have a chance to move out of it and just have fun with it. Plan to add a tankless water heater and a generator also.
Rwexcavate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 07:30 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

If the last 2 posts had more than one paragraph, several under 100 word paragraphs, it would make your comments readable.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 08:55 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If the last 2 posts had more than one paragraph, several under 100 word paragraphs, it would make your comments readable.
It would make more sense with paragraphs but the post you refer to replied to a 5 year old thread as well. FWIW, I seldom try to read the run-on posts without paragraphs as it makes me dizzy.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:04 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
It would make more sense with paragraphs but the post you refer to replied to a 5 year old thread as well. FWIW, I seldom try to read the run-on posts without paragraphs as it makes me dizzy.
I'm well aware of the reply to and old thread. That does not negate the need to break up a long post IMO.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:43 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I'm well aware of the reply to and old thread. That does not negate the need to break up a long post IMO.
Not at all. Break 'em up. My point was that the paragraph was invented for readability and I have a hard time with run-on paragraphs. Wasn't sure if the poster we refer to noticed that the thread was very very old.
Old 06-26-2023, 01:34 PM   #9
Rwexcavate

Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, i always like to read the longer posts personally.. new here btw that was my firstbpost, guess i wont comment anymore, since that went so well
Rwexcavate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:01 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwexcavate View Post
Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, i always like to read the longer posts personally.. new here btw that was my firstbpost, guess i wont comment anymore, since that went so well
You are encouraged to post! Some of us are a bit older and have trouble reading posts that are not broken into paragraphs; as I said, I don't really bother to read long unbroken (un-on) paragraphs for that reason.

You may have had some info that another might find of value. You certainly didn't ruffle feathers. Last, if you see a thread is years old, don't hesitate to start a new thread on the same or similar subject. Good luck.