Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2015, 05:36 AM   #1
fukutomik

Newbies, well kinda

We have had a tent trailer for the last 5 years. We decided that we were getting tire of hearing the outside noises and having to wake up when the sun came up and getting very little privacy. Ou kids wanted to bring friends and sometimes A/C would have been great. So we ended up buying a Passport 3320 for our new rolling family adventure center. It has been quite the adjustment just trying to drive it down the road and backing it up is nothing short of frightening. I am hoping that this gets easier in time, just like the tent trailer.
fukutomik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on your new trailer, it does get easier the more you do it. Enjoy the peace and quiet and sleeping in!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
Pull Toy

Welcome aboard!

Only practice will make it easier, but it will become second nature. Actually I find it easier to back a longer trailer than a short one. Just don't get intimidated, and don't be afraid to go forward a little to straighten out if you get jacked.

Good luck, and enjoy your new rig.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #4
14george

X2 what pull toy said from W Va
Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
fukutomik

Thank you for the warm welcome. We just got the trailer out and about for the first time this weekend. It is ver pleasant once we got here and got the beast backed into it's spot. I now have a couple questions after this maiden voyage.
When using city water does it fill my reservoir tank since I like to keep that fairly empty when I haul the trailer around?
fukutomik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #6
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukutomik View Post
When using city water does it fill my reservoir tank since I like to keep that fairly empty when I haul the trailer around?

Some trailers have a valve at the city water connect that will allow you to fill the fresh water tank while still connected to city water. Others do not and you have to use the fill port with a hose separately. I don't believe that any of them will automatically fill the holding tank. Both methods require you to intentionally fill the tank.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
Alpine

Just a quick tip for backing...try to have your tow vehicle and trailer as straight as possible before backing! Place either hand on the "bottom" of the steering wheel, move your hand in the direction you want you trailer to go! Never get in a hurry and don't be afraid to get out and look!

Better to have someone snicker because it takes you some time to back in, than have them snicker because you damaged your rigs! Shame on them for snickering either way!

Enjoy RVing

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #8
KSH

Come on, you know everyone gathers to watch the show! But yes, take your time, go out and look, slow small adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #9
jimbari

We're looking forward to getting back into RVing. Started 45 years ago with a 13' Shasta. Upgraded and covered the US in either a TT of Class A with our kids.
Bought into a RV gated community here in Western NY - THEN we bought a Fold Down to visit our grand children (5 & 7) in Ohio for the past 5 years.
NOW selling our "quiet place in the woods" after 37 years and excited to get back on the road as snow birds from Florida (to Ohio next summer).
Welcome. Have enjoyed this forum so far!
jimbari is offline   Reply With Quote