Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
mowin

How Efficient are RV washer/dryer combos?

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can someone tell me how efficient these combo washer/dryer are? How long for a dry cycle? Will they work with a 30amp service?
mowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:46 AM   #2
Keywestparrothead

We have the Splendide and love it. You have to reduce your load size, from what you do at home but that is expected since it is about half the size of a residential unit. It takes about 2/2.5 hours to wash and dry a typical load, but it is quiet and doesn't really shake the camper except in the rinse/spin cycle and that only lasts for a few min.

One thing you will have to check is where your washer drain terminates. Ours t's in the main dump line and not the rear grey tank. So you will have to remember to be hooked to sewer and have your valve open. You will only make that mistake once...

While I have 50 amp, most of the parks we visit are only 30 amp and we have not had an issue running it with other appliances, within reason

We never take dirty clothes in the home when we get back any longer and that makes Mama happy

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...bo-white/37344

2015 Ford F450 KR CC
2010 Montana 3750FL
------------------------
Previous addictions...
2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU
Keywestparrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #3
Desert185

Depending on what settings you use, our experience has been 70-75 min for a wash and dry. We don't overdry the clothes.

Beats the heck out of going to a laundromat.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
C130

Do most of you recommend the combined washer/dryer units? I'd like to get one in the next month before we leave on our trip. Also, does Keystone mark the area to cut for the dryer vent or is it listed in any manuals? My toy hauler is in the storage unit so can't look right now.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
Desert185

I can recommend the Splendide, and wouldn't cut a hole for a dryer vent again. Try it first. You can always cut a hole later if you think you need a dedicated vent.

Ensure that you uncap the drain for the washer if it doesn't drain into a tank. My SRX doesn't have a holding tank. It will either go directly out the drain pipe or the drain standpipe in the garage will overflow .

Edit: Look around for reconditioned used units for half price. Our looks new and runs like new.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:58 AM   #6
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I can recommend the Splendide, and wouldn't cut a hole for a dryer vent again. Try it first. You can always cut a hole later if you think you need a dedicated vent.

Ensure that you uncap the drain for the washer if it doesn't drain into a tank. My SRX doesn't have a holding tank. It will either go directly out the drain pipe or the drain standpipe in the garage will overflow .

Edit: Look around for reconditioned used units for half price. Our looks new and runs like new.
So if you wouldn't recommend cutting the hole for the dryer vent then where would you place the dryer vent hose?

Our toy hauler is marked where we should install the hose when we get around to getting our washer/dryer and have planned on installing the hose in that location.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #7
Desert185

I have let the dryer vent inside the garage with the hose removed. There is so little moisture that we don't think a vent is necessary. The clothes are damp, not wet, after the wash/spin cycle, so there is no dampness inside the garage. If there were, then there are vents that can be opened, along with two windows and a screen door, but just the vents have been open when we wash/dry. Like I said, try it before you drill a hole for a dryer vent hose.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #8
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I have let the dryer vent inside the garage with the hose removed. There is so little moisture that we don't think a vent is necessary. The clothes are damp, not wet, after the wash/spin cycle, so there is no dampness inside the garage. If there were, then there are vents that can be opened, along with two windows and a screen door, but just the vents have been open when we wash/dry. Like I said, try it before you drill a hole for a dryer vent hose.
Thanks, good to know. We would normally be out sight seeing during the day and planned to install and run the washer/dryer combo while we are out so it's done and ready when we return. Didn't want to leave the garage door or windows open while we were out but never thought about the two vents on the sides used to vent fuel fumes.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #9
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
Do most of you recommend the combined washer/dryer units? I'd like to get one in the next month before we leave on our trip. Also, does Keystone mark the area to cut for the dryer vent or is it listed in any manuals? My toy hauler is in the storage unit so can't look right now.
Check prices at PPL. They had the best deal earlier this year.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote