Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Devildogmom

Exclamation Future Keystone Owner

I plan to purchase a Cougar in April. After reading this forum, I am beginning to doubt my choice. Is there anyone who can say positive things about Keystone service and warranty?
Devildogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
Ruffus

Talking Yes I Can

Good morning DDM
I have been living in my Sprinter now since last August. After a couple start up fixs that were caught during the initial start up inspection we have been living problem free and have traveled over 8,000 miles with out incident. I bought this unit January 2010.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Posts that you find on this forum are not unlike those found on almost every other forum. Members who are satisfied with a product tend to remain quiet. Those who have had problems are much more vocal. Some of these folks have had good customer service from their dealer or from Keystone in having these issues resolved. Others have not and express their frustrations on here.
In some cases, the dealer may be at fault. Keystone may be at fault in others. In the worst case scenario, you could end up battling both the dealership and Keystone.

You are not the first member who, after reading the negative posts, starts having doubts about Keystone - their products and customer service - and ask for some positive feedback, some reassurance that the choice you are about to make is a good one. In my PM to you, I have given you my impressions. Perhaps others can send a PM to you giving you theirs.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
DocData757

I agree with Festus2. The people that haven't had a problem rarely post over here.

I had a few problems with my new unit, significant enough to get Keystone involved but everything has been resolved and I am very happy with it.

You might want to find out the dates that they shut down the factory making the unit you want and avoid those that were completed in the month right before that. Someone on here should be able to tell you those dates.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
66ken

No problems here, 100% satisfied. I have had some minor things, but nothing I couldn't fix. I guess you could call me a Happy Camper. Some people wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
HigginsPod

in love with our POD

We bought our Pod in March last year. Have hauled it about 2000 miles locally. Didn't spend near enough nights in it. BUT I love it!! There were a few problems but then nothing is perfect. Are there things I don't like....... yep there are ..... but this is our first TT and I think there is a learning curve. Oh have we learned. We bought ours at Camping World and they have worked well with us. Going into our second year and already have plans made through June. Going in Europe in July and will start camping again in August. Looking to camp through Halloween.

Hope you get 1/2 the enjoyment that we have................
2010 Chevy HD Silverado
HigginsPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
Handysam

After many months looking at new fivers, we settled on a Keystone Cougar. We purchased it in late September and have only been out about five times. But I got to say its a very nice unit and have had no problems thus far. When we went out here locally for Thanksgiving the temps. got down below freezing for three nights and just for ships and giggles I put a thermometer in the basement compartment and it never got below freezing, hence the pipes never froze down below. So far we are very happy. Good Luck and Happy Camping, Sam
Handysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 AM   #8
antiqfreq

When we picked up our fifth wheel, over three years ago, we noticed one of the cabinet windows needed to be replaced.
They ordered it that day -we went up 2 weeks later- to put it on and they did,
then they gave us the old one and we used it to put over our toilet for storage.
No problems for us.
And our RV has not been back for any warranty work since then!
Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #9
Devildogmom

Smile

Thanks guys for your imput. What you've said makes sense.
Devildogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #10
cpaulsen

We bought our Cougar a few years ago and have not had one problem at all.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
jerseyphil

We received our 2011 Cougar in Oct, 2010. Only had time for a 10 day test run in our driveway, then went to storage for the Winter. All systems worked perfectly. Only one extremely minor issue involved a piece of molding that had to be glued with "Elmers glue". Now the unit is perfect. You will like your Cougar when you get it.
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
vx929

Keystone Sprinter

The majority of trailers you purchase will have issues. We had to take our 2009 Keytone Sprinter back to the dealer about 5 times. I was never upset because they agreed to fix everything and the customer service was great at Tacoma RV. A lot of the brands are made the exact same way with the same construction methods, materials, etc... Find the layout you like and then make sure you are buying from a dealer who has a reputation for good service and you will be happy.
vx929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
Chas883

Cougar Problems

I Just bought a 2011 29FKS TT got it home and turned on the heater NO HEAT. Unscrewed access cover and the back of heater was not screwed on , Fixed that and turned heater on With door in middle closed the front half can up to 70 but the back half was 42. took back to dealer The factory had the vent in the bathroom and the bedroom supplyed with a 2 inch hose and had the under belly with 4 inch WHOOPS. There was a laundry list of other things to fix Like ends of cabinets not stained Shower surround not properly attached. Sink put in hole crooked,Swing out lcd tv on mount crooked. Haven't picked back up yet to see how the fixes went, All I,m saying is check it out really well. Keystones quality control was taking a nap when mine went down the line. Charlie
Chas883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
kingji

New Keystone Owner

We recently purchased a Keystone Springdale 279, mainly due to the price difference between it and some of the other upper end models. I originally wanted a Forest River Wild Cat and got to thinking about how often we would use it. Our previous camper was also a entry level Dutchman that we kept for 11 years. Since I was interested in a Wild Cat I still visit there forum for ideas and question about fifth wheels in general. On that forum there are owners that are having the exact same problems and concerns that the owners of Keystones are having. I think it's just the nature of the beast and there will be problems that arise. I've been really pleased with my purchase and have been doing some things to it while it's winterized to make future trips more enjoyable.
JKing
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #15
kenbarls
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildogmom View Post
I plan to purchase a Cougar in April. After reading this forum, I am beginning to doubt my choice. Is there anyone who can say positive things about Keystone rv rental arizona service and warranty?
Sorry mate but I have to see the Cougar that you're planning to purchase. I think I can have my opinions after I have seen it. I'll keep on waiting here.
kenbarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
ftwildernessguy

I've owned 4 trailers by 4 different manufacturers and each had its problems. It seems like a lot of people who complain are first time owners who expect everything will be perfect and they won't have to repair anything themselves. They complain, dump the thing and move on to something else. Meanwhile, somebody like me picks up a bargain with minimal problems that I can correct myself.
ftwildernessguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #17
Bob Landry

I think the level of service you get either from the dealer or Keystone is going to be in line with the attitude you walk in with. Sometimes it's hard to suppress anger when you paid big $$$ for something and it doesent work, but it really works better to ask for help rather than demand it.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #18
2011 keystone

Talking

I have had my entry level hideout 26b since oct. have now used a couple of times and could not be more happy no problems so far.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
mhs4771

We've had our Montana since Nov '09 with no problems. Have been living in it for the past 2 months and plan to live in it for 5 months next winter (In Florida away for Western New York weather).
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #20
chuck&gail

Keystone

We love ours. Have had two warranty items, one taken care of by Keystone directly much to my delight. Other taken care of by dealer with no hassle.

We are happy owners so far. Ask me again in say 5 years.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote