Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
PaulDeb2

Leak Under Bed of Bullet 29BHS

On our last 2 trips we have had a water leak under our master bed. There is a central vac on one half and the other half has a storage. The storage half has had water under it that has leaked out onto our floor. We've had heavy rains on both trips, but since water does not flow up, and the storage area in the front of the camper is dry, we're baffled.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where this water is coming from? All the walls are dry.
2011 Bullet 294BHS
2013 Suburban 4WD 1500 LTZ
PaulDeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Perhaps the water is flowing downhill from where it is leaking. Even though that area is at the front, there may be a leak at the "very front" ---- as in the front cap or the trim/molding around the cap or at the seam on the roof where the cap meets the EPDM rubber. ???
Old 08-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #3
Dave in Va

...or around one of the marker lights...

"Knowledge is good" -- Emil Faber

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091 -- The Champagne of Ships

Dave in Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
JimQ

Paul: Check the caulking around the top part of the frame around the outside storage door. Although its a new camper, sometimes the caulking can contract to the point that it doesn't make the seal. I had a small leak last trip, (very heavy rain) located it ( viewing the storage area thru the laundry chute) and ran some white caulking around the top part of the outside frame when it all dried, good to go. Hope this helps,, Jim
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #5
PaulDeb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimQ View Post
Paul: Check the caulking around the top part of the frame around the outside storage door. Although its a new camper, sometimes the caulking can contract to the point that it doesn't make the seal. I had a small leak last trip, (very heavy rain) located it ( viewing the storage area thru the laundry chute) and ran some white caulking around the top part of the outside frame when it all dried, good to go. Hope this helps,, Jim
We did not have the storage door locked, just secured with the turn bolt. I know that is not a tight seal. Is it possible that could have caused the water leak? We did not see any water in the pass-through storage...only under the bed.
2011 Bullet 294BHS
2013 Suburban 4WD 1500 LTZ
PaulDeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
erjs05

I have a different camper but had the same leak and it was from my city water feed being lose. The water was dripping inside under the bed where my water tank is and running out the opposite side of the bed. When the hose was attached it was pulling the fitting down and leaking behind it. Hope this helps
Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
kellydog98

If your fresh water tank is close to the bed then the water pump shouldn't be to far away. Mine let go on a trip to a lake. Little did I know the lake was under the bed!

kellydog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
J&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDeb2 View Post
We did not have the storage door locked, just secured with the turn bolt. I know that is not a tight seal. Is it possible that could have caused the water leak? We did not see any water in the pass-through storage...only under the bed.
Paul & Deb,

Sorry to hear about your water leak. Like erjs05, and perhaps you, we had a similar water leak by the master bed that was caused by a faulty hose connection to the city water feed (see first photo).

By the way, i discovered it during a rainy day but it turned out to be just coincidence and not related to the rain.

Look for a removable panel (see second photo) next to the city water feed, remove any screws, open the panel and inspect for leaks around all the connections when the city water is connected and water is flowing with pressure. From the city water panel to the hose, from the hose to the pump, etc.

We fixed this issue temporarily with Teflon tape until our dealer replaced the parts under warranty. I hope this information helps and good luck solving the water leak.

Happy camping!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	6893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	6894  

In search of my next RV