Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Sbuikema18

Raptor 412 sewer odor under kitchen sink

I have a 2014 raptor 412, and just started getting an odor under kitchen sink. I changed the vent check valve but still smells. Anyone else have this issue?
Also, does anyone know how to make the radio play through the sound bar under TV?
Sbuikema18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
shmthaus

Can't help you with the odor, but as for the sound bar, see the post labeled New 2014 Raptor 412TS by Big Dave. I have posted what I had to do there.

I also have a 412.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Sbuikema18

Thanks for the info. We love our 412. I think I will have a stereo guy do some work on ours. Not real impressed with the sound system. Guess I will either have to call dealer on smell, or pull down the belly covers to see if something is not sealed properly.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
justlkn

One of your sewer vacuum caps have probably failed. It should be under the sink in the same bathroom. It only cost a few dollars and is easy to replace. I would replace it and also check for any obstructions in the vent on the roof. I had the same issue and after replacing it no more odor. Hope this helps. Here is a link to what I am referring to.

http://www.adventure.1tree.net/index...ors-in-your-rv

Glenn

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
Sbuikema18

Found my smell problem. Went on the roof and pulled the vent caps, the pipe coming from the tank was not trimmed short enough, so the cap actually blocked off the vent.