Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
rnkburg

Top bunk in 300mp Raptor question

Not that I have a problem, but more or less thinking of preventing a problem. The top bunk of the raptor seems to get used a lot by my daughter and her friends. They like to stay up there and play, watch tv, etc.. they are way under the weight limit with all of them up there but when I sit under it I notice it moves a lot and bows a little sometimes. It seems solid and no weird noises but has anyone had any issues. I would say that there is about 200lbs total up there when there are three kiddo's there. Specs say it holds 500lbs
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:03 AM   #2
Bombfixer

I have a 2013 Raptor 365lev. I have the happi-jac bunk system in the garage. My owners manual says that the max weight is 300lbs. I would caution the girls not to jump or horse around on the bunk.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombfixer View Post
I have a 2013 Raptor 365lev. I have the happi-jac bunk system in the garage. My owners manual says that the max weight is 300lbs. I would caution the girls not to jump or horse around on the bunk.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk
X2....... Think I recall the same weight limits. after looking at that platform for the upper mattress I also would not want to see anyone jumping around up there. Thought there was a previous thread addressing adding side rails and reinforcing that area ?? may want to try a few searches.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #4
skdooman2004

300 mp top bunk

had a problem with mine, I'm 265 lbs, went to get up there to clean, slats broke on ladder side, dealer put all new slats, never had another problem. mine also says 500 lbs max!!!
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote