Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
paulcal

Arrow Water Leak

My wife and I are full timers and recently got a new Big Sky 5th wheel. We are experiencing a water leak in the bedroom that is coming from the sink in the bathroom. Can anyone tell me how to access the pipes? There are no visible panels in either room. Help!!
paulcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

The pipes (PEX tubing) for the sink run down through the vanity to the floor. Only the shower should run through the wall. There may also be a black tank flush that runs under the sink.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
Ron

First off to the forum, does the water seem to be leaking all the time or when you use the black tank flush. The vacuum breaker for the black tank flush is under the lavatory sink and sometimes they will leak or split if they freeze. If it is a water leak, you can access some of the pipes in the cargo area and also by pulling off the removable panel in that area, also the water pump and other appliances could be there depending on the model, good luck...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
paulcal

Thanks for responding. We have a Big Sky 3750FL with the bedroom all the way in the back. Haven't had water under the sink, just comes from under the wall into the bedroom. Doesn't happen all the time, but doesn't seem to be only when the black tank is emptied. Any other ideas?
paulcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
Ron

Got me on that one, im not familiar with that model, sorry, If the trailer is under warranty, I would be taking it back for repairs before any water damage is done...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcal View Post
Thanks for responding. We have a Big Sky 3750FL with the bedroom all the way in the back. Haven't had water under the sink, just comes from under the wall into the bedroom. Doesn't happen all the time, but doesn't seem to be only when the black tank is emptied. Any other ideas?
The pipes for the shower valve are in that wall. There should be a panel behind that valve in the bedroom. Fittings are only hand tight and may have come loose. If there is no access panel it is a job for the dealer. Could also be the shower drain but I am not sure how to access on that model.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

The newer Cougar shower faucets are mounted on a standoff from the shower stall, removing the standoff will let you get to the shower faucet connections. But, as stated earlier, if the dealer is handy, I'd let him do the "scutwork" No need in scraping your knuckles and fussing with the screws that will probably strip out on reinstallation. That's what the warranty is for (if you're close enough)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote