Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Bugle Boy

Big trip back east

Headed east for a couple weeks. First stop, Tomorrows Stars RV Resort near Springfield, Ohio. Two days there and a tour of the US Air Force Museum.

Then to Berlin, Ohio Scenic Hills RV park for a day or two of Amish country sight seeing and shopping then on to Newell, West Virginia, Kennedy Marina and RV park, the ultimate goal. Newell, home of Homer Laughlin China is just 15 miles from my home town of Hookstown, Pennsylvania.

Seems that my daughters secretly nominated me for my High School Hall of Fame and the powers that be found me acceptable. This is quite an honor.

South Side High School Rams Football game Friday night the 18th, then the HOF banquet and induction Saturday night the 19th. Still working on my speech and find myself speechless.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You might want to consider finding other things to occupy your time in the Dayton area. According to the "official website" the Air Force Museum closed yesterday until the continuing resolution is signed and funding is restored.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Laredo291OH

I would go into a rant about the government, but that's for another forum. The Air Force Museum is a great place, hopefully it gets opened before your trip. Here are some other suggestions for the area. Depending on when you get here and your interests, Eldora Speedway is a cool place and is having sprint car races on the 12th. Carillon Historical Park in Dayton is a neat place, so is the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati. The Neil Armstrong Museum is in Wapakoneta, about an hour north, it is small but interesting. Wapakoneta also has a lot of antique shops, not my thing so I can't tell you anything about those. You can also check into the Waco Air Museum in Troy and the Champaign Aviation Museum in Urbana. I have never been to either, but they are on my list. When you are in Berlin check out Lehmans Hardware in nearby Kidron. While in Amish country you could make a trip over to Canton for the football hall of fame. Don't plan too much though so you have plenty of time to write that speech.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle Boy View Post

Seems that my daughters secretly nominated me for my High School Hall of Fame and the powers that be found me acceptable. .
Congrats! A well deserved honor. Have a great trip!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If you're heading as far north as Wapakoneta to visit the Neil Armstrong Museum, the Airstream factory in Jackson Center gives tours of their facility. While much of the construction technique is different from Keystone's approach, it's an interesting way to spend an afternoon. They have tours daily during the summer, but you might want to confirm their autumn/winter schedule.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Bugle Boy

Thanks for the tips.

Bummer about the Air Force Museum.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote