Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
moose747

Minnesota to S. California

I'll be taking my 37 ft 5th wheel from Minnesota to Southern California. I have plenty of time Oct. 1 to Nov 1 to get there. Was looking for suggestions on parks along the way. I'm thinking of taking 25 thru Denver Colorado. I'm wondering what the road conditions and can it be done with my Ram 3500 dully.
Any thoughts appreciated.
moose747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
chuckretnav

MN to CA

Well you have a two part question. First lets talk about your route. Oct and Nov is what most truck drive (20 yrs.' here) would call the start of the unpredictable time of the year. I've seen times you could go through the Rockies no problems. then I've seen other years I wish I hadn't been there. Look at your map, and consider going south to Kansas City, then to Oklahoma City, then west on I 40. Going that route you will only have on spot to worry about but for that time of year it normally clear and that's Flagstaff AZ. You didn't say where in MN you would start from so I guessed Minneapolis and the difference in the two routes is only about 130 miles. Your truck should have no trouble either route. Just as a long time trucker I know that the Rockies are very unpredictable that time of year. If your a member of Good Sam they have a routing program that will pull up all your campgrounds along the route you choose. This is just my thoughts and the weather is not written in stone. After all who would think Boulder CO would have flash floods. Happy trails and be safe.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote