Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
tileman

Carbon monoxide detector beeping

Our 5th wheel fuzion 310 sets in our back yard with power to it.
So last night I was unloading in the barn and I could hear the carbon monoxide detector beeping

So I go into the trailer and check for any gas on and did not smell anything
Check the bottles outside and even hit them with a soap mix and water to see if they were leaking and all fine there.

So I remove the battery and it still beeps. So today I installed a new 9volt and same thing still beeping

Its only like 16 months old it came with the trailer new. So I am in the market for a new one can I get one at lowes or homedepot ?

And what a good one to buy.

Thanks Ron.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
aburns20

Mine did the same thing after sitting for a while. It took 2 batteries before I found one that would reset the detector. Just remember that after you replace the batteries, you need to hold the reset button on the detector. If all else fails, make sure you read the manual for it (that's why it took me 2 batteries )..
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
randy69

If it still beeps with no battery then you have a smoke dectector that has dc direct from trailor and a regular battery.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns20 View Post
Mine did the same thing after sitting for a while. It took 2 batteries before I found one that would reset the detector. Just remember that after you replace the batteries, you need to hold the reset button on the detector. If all else fails, make sure you read the manual for it (that's why it took me 2 batteries )..

Thanks Ill give it a try.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy69 View Post
If it still beeps with no battery then you have a smoke dectector that has dc direct from trailor and a regular battery.

Yea I took it off the wall it has 2 red wires and one yellow.
Its says on the front of it carbon monoxide detector its made by costar.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Drew Waller

Carbon Monoxide detector

Had the same problem. I got some good advice here on this forum. I even downloaded the instructions. After removing it 2 times and installing 3 different batteries I gave up. I re-read the manual again! Power down all your power in those 2 red lines. Fuses on off all across the board. Un plug from the source and don't let any power into those 2 lines. Then Install a new 9V battery. Then bring it all back up with power. Reset by pushing the test button (hold in till it beeps) Mine worked for one day and started beeping again the next day. I removed it and went to Wal-Mart and got a battery operated one and it works. That $60.00 detector failed in my other Raptor too and the camper place wanted $150.00 to fix it! Quit an experience.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
randy69

Ordered one of those also still had problems so I wired nut the wires push them back in the wall and bought a 9 volt battery one mounted it over the hole. Problem solved.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
BigCajun

I'm having the same issues for the second time around. I've replaced the detector once already (what an ordeal...search for other thread on this). Now having issues again. Changed the battery and still beeping. I was so frustrated I left it alone till I calm down. Luckily no trips planned. I do have a backup detector for when I take this one out and bring it to the firing range!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
floatflyer

Not a CO detector issue but the smoke alarm in the kitchen area was doing the same thing on my first outing. It's pure battery power. Replaced the battery and it did the same thing the next day. So I found better versions, replaced it and added one in the bedroom. At $15 each it was a minor issue. Not worth a trip to the dealer or a warranty hassle.
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote