Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
McGillicutty

2013 Fuzion 310 Audio System Question

Good morning, my Fuzion 310 has a rotary "Front Speakers" switch in the control panel but there are no speakers in the main living area and it has a place for a subwoofer switch in the control panel that has a plug in place of the switch. The local Fuzion dealer told me there is an option for a killer sound system that obviously mine doesn't have. Mine has a Sony car stereo which feeds speakers in the garage and outside only. I suspect there may be wiring in the walls, control panel and ceiling for the speakers and subwoofer switch and if so all I'd have to do is remove the switch plug, install a switch for the subwoofer, cut holes for the ceiling speakers, add an amp and I'd have the audio system in the living area. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the wiring is in the walls/ceiling and if so where? I mean if the wiring is run from the control panel switch to where the speakers would have been in the ceiling, I'd just need to know where they would have been and if I cut a hole the wiring should be there. Has anyone gotten this information out of Keystone? Does anyone know where the subwoofer is located when this option was ordered or installed in your 310? Thanks.
McGillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Do you have a soundbar in the living area? Thats where the music/sound comes from in that room. Let us know what you find out with the pre wiring in the walls and ceiling. Mine is the same as yours. The only way the sound will come out of the soundbar is when you are running the genny or hooked up to 110. I would like to add some speakers in the ceiling so I can run the stereo off 12vdc like the outside speakers and garage.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
McGillicutty

Right, I have the soundbar and if I don't find that the main living area was pre-wired I will probably install a few more batteries and an inverter so I can play the TV and/or soundbar without an AC source. I plan to do this anyway, but I suspect it's likely the wiring is there, I've just not seen a 310 with the subwoofer system yet and while I haven't contacted Keystone yet to see if they can tell me if the wiring is there or not and where the speakers would have been mounted (and thus where the wires would terminate) I'm anticipating they won't be much help. I'll post what I find if successful. THanks.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicutty View Post
Good morning, my Fuzion 310 has a rotary "Front Speakers" switch in the control panel but there are no speakers in the main living area and it has a place for a subwoofer switch in the control panel that has a plug in place of the switch. The local Fuzion dealer told me there is an option for a killer sound system that obviously mine doesn't have. Mine has a Sony car stereo which feeds speakers in the garage and outside only. I suspect there may be wiring in the walls, control panel and ceiling for the speakers and subwoofer switch and if so all I'd have to do is remove the switch plug, install a switch for the subwoofer, cut holes for the ceiling speakers, add an amp and I'd have the audio system in the living area. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the wiring is in the walls/ceiling and if so where? I mean if the wiring is run from the control panel switch to where the speakers would have been in the ceiling, I'd just need to know where they would have been and if I cut a hole the wiring should be there. Has anyone gotten this information out of Keystone? Does anyone know where the subwoofer is located when this option was ordered or installed in your 310? Thanks.

We have a 2012 310 fuzion and the subwoofer
on ours is under the stove.
Have to take off the wooden grill and it in the back.

On mine we can play tv or raido outside or in the garage
Or living room all at once or room by room.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
McGillicutty

Tileman, thanks for your reply. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could take a few pictures of your system, most importantly the location of the speakers in the main living area. I am going to call Keystone to see if they can tell me whether the wiring is run and if they can send me a schematic or drawing with the precise location of the speakers which if they ran the wires all I'd have to do is cut the holes, connect the speakers and mount them. Thanks, Mike.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
tileman

Quote:
Tileman, thanks for your reply. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could take a few pictures of your system, most importantly the location of the speakers in the main living area. I am going to call Keystone to see if they can tell me whether the wiring is run and if they can send me a schematic or drawing with the precise location of the speakers which if they ran the wires all I'd have to do is cut the holes, connect the speakers and mount them. Thanks, Mike.
Can do just have to wait till the weekend working long hours 5am till 7pm
trying to finsh up a school in time for it to open in 3 weeks
Old 07-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
I am going to call Keystone to see if they can tell me whether the wiring is run and if they can send me a schematic or drawing with the precise location of the speakers which if they ran the wires all I'd have to do is cut the holes, connect the speakers and mount them. Thanks, Mike.
Mike -
I'm afraid you'll have to get in line behind the dozens and dozens of members who have asked, all without success I might add, for a schematic from Keystone about wiring, plumbing or whatever.

It may be too late, but I really wouldn't bother asking. It's a futile exercise which will result in frustration and head scratching.

We all wonder why Keystone keeps this kind of information a secret. Most of us have accepted the inevitable and have come to realize that for some reason, Keystone chooses to keep it a closely guarded secret.

If, by any chance, you should get a schematic, you would be the very first and would probably be knighted.

Good luck
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
McGillicutty

Sounds about right. I called them before I bought my current Fuzion 310 because I was considering buying a 2007 Fuzion garage model that didn't have an entrance door for the garage. I figured they probably framed them all the same but covered the opening if it wasn't supposed to have the door or if not ordered with what apparently was an optional door. I also figured that they could simply provide a drawing where the door opening was so I could cut one in but this information could bring down the company with industrial espionage and all and short of waterboarding them they weren't going to give it up. Perhaps if I could get them to just confirm or deny the existance of the wiring, I could get a member to provide dimensions of where their spearkers are located. Sounds so easy but it's probably a wild goose chase. Too bad, but I'll waste 30 minutes on it anyway. Should I somehow prove successful I'll sell the information for a fair value!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
McGillicutty

Well here is an update, I contacted Keystone and the gal I was speaking to took my questions somewhere while I was on hold and came back to tell me that NO, the wires were not in the walls/ceiling but then she also told me that she was told the audio system for which there is a "Front Speakers On/Off" switch and a plugged bezel for a "Subwoofer On/Off" switch (no switch, just a spot for one) wasn't an option!! So I'm being told there was no upgraded audio option and I guess they put the switches in the control panel just for fun. Well you guys called it, Keystone was of no help with this so I don't know if I'll bother trying to fish wire through the trailer to add speakers and a subwoofer, but if anyone has this option (that Keystone says was not an option), I'd love to see some pictures of it as well as the amp location if there is one. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
tileman

There are 4 of these in the ceiling

Two speakers in the garage

Old 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
tileman

This turns the speakers on / off in the garage

Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #12
McGillicutty

Thanks for the pictures Tileman. Once my "To Do" list shrinks a little I may endeavor to install a similar system in my 310. Can you tell me if there is a separate amplifier in your system or if the power of the head unit runs everything? What is the brand and model of your head unit, looks cool. I've seen systems that have wireless speaks, that would be the way to go if they work well. Mine came with two garage and two exterior speakers so I'd just have to install four speakers in the main living area and the sub. Of course the wiring would prove to be the most challenging work. Thanks again, Mike
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
RVdawg

FYI--I have a 2013 fuzion 342 monster package. I also have the plugged sub switch, and thought that it was an option that I didn't have. Well this weekend while fishing a wire behind the tv I found the sub woofer behind the wall in the storage compartment. It was beside the furnace and HWH. I then played with the system and found that it does work off the soundbar.
RVdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
dogger

RVdawg, does your soundbar (hooked to AC) have to be on for the subwoofer to work I assume? I looked in behind the fireplace/hotwater tank space a while back and don't remember seeing a subwoofer. I wasn't looking for one so may not have noticed either. I was checking out how dificult it would be to wire an electric switch in series with the hot water heater switch so not to have to turn it on at the tank outside.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
RVdawg

Yes the soundbar has to be on for the sub to work--at least in my case. The sub was something similar to a home theater setup. It was all black and screwed to the floor. I didn't think it worked until I turned on the soundbar and turned it up.
RVdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
McGillicutty

Just searched my 310 and unfortunately didn't find a subwoofer. I'll look closer at the soundbar to see if there is an output for a sub and if so will probably buy and install one on my own. I starting to get the impression that once you take possession of one of these Keystone RVs you are pretty much on your own with regards to factory support.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #17
vbortch

Quote:
Just searched my 310 and unfortunately didn't find a subwoofer. I'll look closer at the soundbar to see if there is an output for a sub and if so will probably buy and install one on my own. I starting to get the impression that once you take possession of one of these Keystone RVs you are pretty much on your own with regards to factory support.
I also have a 2013 310. On our haulers the sub is under the steps to the bathroom steps. Here is what you do. Set your soundboard to AUX and tun it's volume up (using the sound bar remote). This will activate your sub. Is the sub doesn't activate start turning up your radio (head unit) volume. There is also a sub gain on the soundboard remote. Set the gain to +8 for max bass and to -8 to min bass. Once the stunt is cranking feel the bathroom/bedroom steps. They will have a vibration and the the sound should be awesome. You can also clearly hear the sub in the cargo / storage area against the back wall (where the dirt devil vac bag is located). Let me if you have any luck.
vbortch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
vrunner

I just picked up a 310 too, same deal no switch for sub or speakers in the main area. Do those that have the extra speakers also have the sound bar? I will have to try turning on the sound bar and radio to see if I get sound that way.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #19
BeaverRZR

your sub is in the underbelly storage behind the false wall. Remove a handful of screws it pops right out to access the sub, water heater, plumbing etc.
You have the monster pkg?
Old 08-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
vbortch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
I just picked up a 310 too, same deal no switch for sub or speakers in the main area. Do those that have the extra speakers also have the sound bar? I will have to try turning on the sound bar and radio to see if I get sound that way.
Turn on the sound bar and set it to AUX. This will allow the sound from the radio to play through the sound bar. Turn up the sub gain and you will have the subwoofer sound. Sub is now volume activated as the volume goes up the sub will kick on, that is why the subwoofer button is blocked out.
2013 Fuzion 310 Monster Package
vbortch is offline   Reply With Quote