Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
swburbguy

Keystone Alpine factory

I'm looking to possibly buy an alpine 5th wheel. Do they make them in Indiana? I'd like to see the factory tour if they do. Anyone know of this?
swburbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
curlyfungirl

I bet if you check out the Keystone website they will be able to direct you.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swburbguy View Post
I'm looking to possibly buy an alpine 5th wheel. Do they make them in Indiana? I'd like to see the factory tour if they do. Anyone know of this?
Swburbguy-
Yes, the Alpine is built in Goshen, IN. I used to have the tour info, but can't find it. You will have to contact them. For some reason, I seem to recall that tours are given on Tuesday/ Thursday. Check Keystone's website, WWW.KeystoneRV.com. If you look at Google maps, and Streetview, you can spot the Alpine manufacturing building on the south side of the road about half way through the Keystone complex, right after a double bend in the road.

If you are thinking of buying an Alpine, take a camera and take pictures of everything. These pictures will become your answer to many of the questions posted on this forum, especially the ever popular request for plumbing and electrical diagrams. If you are looking at a particular model, and can get build pictures of that model, you will be one lucky person!

I would suggest to consider looking at other manufacturing tours while in the Elkhart/Goshen area, maybe even dropping over east to Howe and look at the DRV plant tour. Any and every tour you can take will give you a better understanding of what a friend of mine described yesterday - a rolling earthquake heading down the road.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Pmedic4

Keystone Factory Tours

I don't see it on the website now, but saw something about if you want to see a particular model, contact their Owner Relations department, and they can let you know when they are building specific models.

For all those questions about where, how many, why, etc., that seems like a great potential answer source! It definitely seems interesting to know the exact location of some things in the RV, like the FW, GW and BW tanks, and seems like there are hundreds of questions about where the water pump is located.

I didn't put the email address or phone number in here, in case it changes.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
mikell

I seem to recall our Alpine was made in ????? A town that started wit R . I know it's due south of us and Goshen is east. I'll look further
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
KanTC

Here's a previous forum discussion, about 'factory tours', which might be helpful.
http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9352

And here's a list of RV Factories in that area... tour info is show for most of them.
http://www.amishcountry.org/rv-travel/factory-tours

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
mikell

Wife says our Alpine was made in Rochester indiana in July 2010. It's just south of South Bend
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote