Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
durhamcutter

Scenic Hills RV Park

Has anyone ever stayed in Scenic Hill RV Park in Berlin Ohio? We are thinking about going to the Amish Country in Ohio. While trying to check out the area on the net they only listed one campground. If you know anything about this campground please let me know, any information about this area would be appreciated. THANKS
durhamcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
Laredo291OH

Hi durhamcutter,

I can't comment on Scenic Hills, we stayed at Whispering Hills RV Park in Shreve. It is very nice and I would definitely stay there again. We also stayed at Mohican State Park which is also very nice.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
richf28

We have stayed numerous times at Scenic Hills. The operators are very friendly. It is a clean park. There are a few pull throughs. There are no shaded areas, and no toilet and shower houses. You have to be self contained but all sites have electric, water and sewer. Wifi is weak, tv stations limited. Firewood is free and comes from cut offs from various Amish businesses. Do I recommend it? Sure I've stayed numerous times. Remember you are there for all the things to do and great places to eat in the area. Take lots of money....seems like I spend a lot of it on furniture, cheese, food, almost bought a puppy at one Amish farm once. Use caution when leaving if you exit at the top of the hill. Traffic is tricky.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
skdooman2004

scenic hills

same as what richf28 said, I've stayed there to, and also whispering hills, I prefer the atmosphere better at whis. hills, but scenic is in a more neutral location to towns and shops. we go about 3 times a year, make sure you go to Herschbergers farm-bakery, out of this world cinn. rolls!!! also in Berlin to eat, go to Boyd& Worthmans on main street. have a great time, this area has a lot to offer!!!
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Bugle Boy

We have stayed there too. Very nice and like the others have stated. The Amish in the area are fantastic furniture makers. We are the proud owners of a beautiful cherry dining set. There is a great Amish restaurant, Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen in Mt. Hope. Mt Hope also has a flea market and auction that is fantastic. If you can catch a livestock auction there it would be great. The Amish horses and buggies are everywhere. http://www.mthopeauction.com/

We found Berlin itself pretty commercialized so we hit the small towns and shops around.

There is a great old time store and museum north of Berlin but I can't recall what /where it is. The locals will know.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote