Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
cvizgo

DirectTV receiver and Dish Network dish, will it work?

I have a friend who's getting rid of a Dish 1000 dish that he used with his Dish network when he was in his camper. He's recently upgraded to a self adjusting type of satellite. Would I be able to use my DirectTV receiver with a dish 1000 dish? Has anyone tried this before?
2011 Keystone Passport 3050
cvizgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
robo

Working for direct before i can tell up that dtv and dish each have a bir tht are located at 110 and 119 degrees lattitude. Dtv also requires the bird at 101 to get program data.
So simply put no sorry for long drawn out response. Look on ebay or craigslist.org. Everyone has them on there house these days
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Working for direct before i can tell up that dtv and dish each have a bir tht are located at 110 and 119 degrees lattitude. Dtv also requires the bird at 101 to get program data.
So simply put no sorry for long drawn out response. Look on ebay or craigslist.org. Everyone has them on there house these days
Not entirely accurate.

Depending on what programming the consumer desires, you can get nearly all of your programming via the 101 satellite.

If you desire HD or your locals, you need a multi-LNB dish, but if you're OK with locals off the OTA antenna and SD channels, all CORE directv programming is available via the 101 using a simple 18" round dish.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
robo

The dual dishnetwork dish has 110 and 119. It is called dish 500 system if u can point it ya it will work
robo is offline   Reply With Quote